The Decision

***Lyla's POV***

I made Cashmere lead the way. We ran quite deep into the forest. It was turning dark and time was running out.

"Where is it?!" I shouted nervously.

Cashmere sounded like he had already accepted his punishment.

"It's near..."

We soon approached a stone entrance, it was eroded, old and vines were growing all over it.

"It's in here..." He motioned with his hand.

I grabbed his arm and we entered the area. There were people gathered around by a stone table. A tall man, really muscular, and with a knife glared at us as we interrupted their little meeting.

He said in a voice so loud, it had a chill run down my spine. He looked like that man in the journal, Kodak. "What is this intrusion?!"

I took a deep breath, Cashmere by my side, I stepped forward, tall and proud,

"I came here to object on Cashmere's execution."

People gasped around me, whispering into each others ears. I noticed but I continued standing tall.

He walked over, setting his knife down.

He smirked, "And what does a human like you have to do with this?" Dang was he arrogant.

I stood tall, "I am the victim. I was the one Cashmere almost killed."

Kodak raised his eyebrows and looked at me surprised. He looked at my clothes then looked straight into my eyes,

"Then why would you object on such...offer?" To be honest, he was scary, no wonder he's the Alpha.

"Because Cashmere is my friend. He always was." I looked back at him, my eyes burning with confidence,

"It's true that he almost killed me, but his intentions weren't. He wanted to teach me a lesson, If I may, the one's you should accuse is Jax and Link!"

I saw them in the crowd and pointed at them.

I felt a sharp pain on my right cheek. Kodak just slapped me.

Cashmere fell to his knees, "Please Lord Kodak, she is not at fault, she is a human. She doesn't know our ways. Please forgive her."

I glared at Cashmere then straight into Kodak's eyes, "Listen up Kodak,"

Everyone was dead silent.

I saw Allen appear in the crowd looking shocked as well.

"You may be the boss of your people, but you sure as heck aren't mine." I glared right into his eyes, my head never turning away.

He blinked a few times, looking shocked.

I looked around, "Would you do this if he was your son? Would you agree to execute a boy for making a mistake? I sure as heck wouldn't!"

I glared right back into Kodak's eyes again.

I felt him back away a bit, "You have no authority here! You are merely just a human that doesn't know anything about us!" He acted tough, but I knew he was afraid, he was afraid because no one ever stood up to him.

"I do. I know every little secret about you werewolves." I hissed at him.

He backed away a full step this time.

I pulled Cashmere up who was trembling.

"He made a mistake. You can't punish him for a mistake!" I hissed.