My fate?!

I was really stumped. The whole childhood reunion thing blew me away, but now I have to deal with the fact that this boy, Allen Dixon, who is in my room, is a werewolf. Oh god what is even going on.

“Yeah, I am a werewolf, but since you don’t remember our past, I guess this is new news and is quite a shocker.” Quite a shocker?! This is unreal. Werewolves are supposed to be myths, fantasies, fake.

“A shocker?! You’re lying, werewolves don’t exist, they’re fake, fantasies that only appear in books and stories!” My heart started racing, what if they actually did exist? What would the world and its people do if they found out? I shook my head, trying to get rid of the thoughts. He sighed and looked at me,

“They are real, Ly. If you just, somehow got your memory back, this would be so much easier and I would have already brought you to Kodak and Aela.” Who the heck are those people? I’m still so confused, so many freaking questions, but I needed to go along with this, come on Lyla, I need to hold them in.

“S-so, if you’re saying werewolves are real, are there more of you? How do I know you’re not lying?” My heart started throbbing, stop asking so many god damn questions Lyla! Allen stood up and placed his hands on my arms pulling me up with him. Oh god, what is he going to do? Eat me? Rip me apart? My heart was about to explode as my mind ran wild of the possible things he could do to me.

“There are many more, and there is a way to prove it to you…” His voice trailed off as he leaned dangerously close to me. My heart was pounding so fast, you could’ve definitely heard it. What was he going to do? I closed my eyes shut. He was so close to my neck, I could smell his minty breath and the warm sensation on my neck. Then he quickly pulled away as my mom called for us downstairs,

“Lyly! Dinners ready!”

Thank god mom, you probably saved my life. Allen chuckled as I slowly opened my eyes and saw him smiling warmly down at me,

“Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you, I would never hurt you.” He rubbed my hair, which surprisingly felt good. Why was I ok with him? Ok with being with someone so freaking hot, the girls at my school would torture me alive when they see me with him? Why? So many unanswered questions, questions I’m not ready to ask yet.

We went downstairs and sat at the dinner table. My dad seemed to be happy today, he didn’t have his newspaper or glasses on. My mom was definitely joyful. She brought our food over and looked at me then Allen and just smiled, like a crazy person. I rolled my eyes and started picking at my food. My dad was the first one to break the awkward silence,

“So Lyly, why don’t you tell me about your friend here? Does he go to your school?” Great. Here goes my dad with his questions.

“Yea, he goes to my school. Um, you’re a senior, right?” I asked tilting my head as I looked at him. There were so many things I didn’t know about him.

“Yes sir, I’m in a few classes with your daughter. Just moved from Alaska a week ago.”

My dad seemed interested, “Wow, Alaska? That must’ve been quite the journey, from there to here.” My mom finally sat down with her crazy smile on.

“It wasn’t all that bad, sir. I actually like it better here than there.” He gave me a glace then took a bite of his steak. My dad and mom looked so, fascinated. I kept quiet the whole time they talked to each other. Asking this and that, answering this and that. It lasted for three freaking hours when, thankfully, my mom noticed the time.

“Oh dear, look at the time, it's already 9!” I got up grabbing his and my plate. I quickly threw them in the sink and escorted Allen out. My parents quickly followed, as if he were a rare animal.

“Visit often Allen!” My parents said as he and I walked out.

“Sorry about my parents, they don’t know how to handle themselves, but then again you are the first person I invited over” I looked up at him, my cheeks getting warmer. Why am I blushing?! I can’t possibly have feelings for him, could I? He did say we were “mates”. He smiled warmly,

“Oh no, they were really nice and funny, I’d love to meet them again…” He looked down at me lifting my chin. My heart the throbbing uncontrollably. And what did he mean by “I’d love to meet them again?” Wait. He wanted me to invite him over again?! He laughed politely and kissed me on the forehead.

“Today was one of the best days of my life, thank you Ly. See you tomorrow at school.” And with that he walked away. Of course my heart had already exploded when he kissed me on the forehead, but wow. This was a whole new level in my life. I actually liked him. The way he smiles, the way he talked to my parents, the way he looks at me, everything. When I’m with him, I feel safe, more confident, which I desperately need right now. Was this my fate?!