Chapter 25

I knocked on the door with a shakey hand. I was so nervous, not just about seeing my grandparents, but now I have Trevor pretending to be my boyfriend. I felt his hand slip in to mine and give it a small squeeze.

"You need to chill." He whispered.

I felt myself calm down as soon as his warm hand touched mine. I know he shouldn't have this kind of effect on me, but it's like I had no control over my feelings around him.

The door swung open revealing my skinny, short, plastic surgery lover of a grandmother. Looking at her made me want to laugh so hard. She was in her 70's and looked like she was in her late 40's.

"Andrea! It's so good to see you." She smiled.

It made want to gag when she said my name. She won't call me Andy. She says it's too tomboyish and I need to become a lady.

"Hi grandma." I gave her a fake smile and walked into the house, pulling Trevor in with me.

She noticed our hands linked and smiled. "And who is this fine young man?"

I rolled my eyes. She said the same thing about Kenny when she first met him. "This is Trevor. This is my grandmother."

He smirked at me before holding his hand out to her. "Nice to meet you."

"It is. Please call me Ida."

I held back my laugh. I had always found her name funny.

"Where's gramps?" I asked.

She sent me a glare. "He is your grandfather Andrea, not gramps."

"Yeah whatever. Where is he?"

She sighed. "I will go get him."

I smirked as she walked away. She learned a long time ago that arguing with me was completely useless.

"That wasn't that bad." Trevor said.

I looked at him. "This isn't the bad part. Wait for dinner when the criticize everything I do and say."

"She seems to like me."

"I told you they would. She thinks we're dating though. If she knew we really weren't, she would be a little more bitter."

"So you're just using me to make your visit easier?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No! That's not what I meant, I jus-"

"Andy, I'm joking." He smiled.

I shook my head. "Don't do that. I'm already stressed enough."

"Sorry." He chuckled.

I heard footsteps coming down the hall and turned back to my grandpa. Unlike the witch, he looked his age and was slightly more enjoyable.

"Andrea." He smiled, pulling me into a hug.

Ok, he was enjoyable until he used my full name. "Hi grandpa."

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I answered. "How are you." He didn't look like felt good.

"Oh I'm just a little stuffy today."

"Yes he was napping when I found him." Grandma said.

I could hear her implying how rude it was of me to want to see him. I didn't know he was feeling bad!

"Now," she turned to Trevor. "What is your relationship status with my granddaughter. Are you friends, more than friends, what?"

"She's very blunt." I told him, running a hand through my hair.