Chapter 22

"Hey," I said, walking up to Trevor. "Are you still agreeing to going with me this weekend?" I had been freaking out since Saturday afternoon when Trevor left that he would change his mind. I've asked him at least ten times everyday since then.

He sighed and laughed at me. "Yes Andy. Do we need to pinky promise on this too?"

"No. I'm just stressed about this. You don't understand what these people do to me."

"What's so bad about them?"

"Ugh! You'll find out when you meet them. Anyway, you should wear something nice when you meet them. They'll judge from the moment you walk in the door, so you don't want to look like...you. Not that you don't look good, but they won't think so. They hate all young people of today." I told him.

"So what exactly would you consider nice? Am I going to have to buy all new clothes for this?"

"I'm sure you have something that will work. I can come over tonight and help you if you want."

"I think Brock was going to come over tonight." He said. There was a hint of regret in his eyes, but I didn't pay much attention to it.

"Will he really care if I'm there? I mean he pretty much lives there anyway."

He smiled. "He wouldn't care. I was more worried about you caring. Brock can be kinda...overwhelming if you aren't used to him."

I rolled my eyes. "I think I can handle him. I would rather get everything figured out now so I don't have to stress about it later."

He shrugged. "Well I don't care. Just show up whenever."

"Shouldn't you check with your parents or something?"

"Andy they don't care. They loved you, and they keep asking me when you are coming over next. So do my brothers but I don't want to talk about that."

I laughed. I don't know why his brothers were asking about me. It's not like I made a lasting impression on them. I wasn't really focused on making them like me in the first place. I wanted his parents to like me and that's it.

"Here comes the love of your life." Trevor mumbled, looking over my shoulder.

I turned and smiled at Kenny, who tried his best to return it, but was still in the middle of glaring at Trevor.

"Hey." I said. I'm tired of his attitude.

"Hi." He said, still glaring at Trevor.

"Will you stop looking at him like that?!" I yelled, getting his full attention. "I don't know what your problem is, but I know it's affecting you in some stupid ways. He's my friend Kenny! Get it through big ass head!"

Trevor laughed silently behind me and Kenny just shrugged. "Fine. You can be friends with him, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start liking him."

I shook my head. The whole point of this thing with Trevor was to make Kenny jealous, not to make him and ass.

Trevor tapped my shoulder. "I'm gonna go to class. I'll see you tonight."

"Ok." I nodded.

I turned back to Kenny as he walked away.

"You're seeing him tonight?" He asked.

"Yep." I answered as emotionless as he asked.

"Oh."

"Did you want to do something tonight?"

"No, I'm hanging with Kelly. I was just wondering what you were doing with him."