Chapter 20

"Are these real?" I asked Trevor, looking at the wall of guns.

He nodded. "Every single one. They were all used in World War II. Dad tries to keep them in some order like, what country used what and the advancements on some of them."

"That's incredible," I scanned the room some more. "What about these?"

I walked over to a glass display box with a bunch of rocks inside.

"Those are more prehistoric." He said.

"So like fossils and stuff."

"Yeah. Don't ask me to tell you what they are though. Your guess is probably as good as mine."

I bit my lip. "How did you find all this?"

"I didn't. It's my dad's stuff. He started collecting this stuff when he was 19 or 20. This right here," He picked up a signed baseball. "Was the thing that started it."

"Who signed it?" I asked, as if I would actually know who he was talking about.

"Willie Mays. He probably could have found one better, but it's pretty cool considering he was so young when he got it. There's a lot of old guys with huge baseball collections that would love to have this."

I grabbed the case from him and looked at the scribbles across it. "How can you even tell what that says?"

He came around to the back of me and pointed over my shoulder. "Look. There's the W and there's the M."

I laughed. "That is not an M. It looks like an S."

"What kind of S have you been writing lately? It's obviously an M."

"It's amazing how you can convince yourself that this was signed by some iconic sports figure. How do you know some random person didn't just pick this up and scribble on it?" I asked.

He sighed. "He got it appraised. It is for sure his signature."

"Mhmm." I turned my head slightly and smiled at him. I was messing with him but I don't think he knew that.

He looked down at me. Both of us were shocked by how close we were. I gasp a little because of it causing a small smirk to form on his lips. His lips. Pink full lips. His smirk disappeared as if he knew what I was thinking. Before he could anything about it though, the door opened.

"Am I interrupting?" Trevor's dad asked.

I jumped away, blushing. I don't know what just happened.

"No." Trevor answered. He was just as red as I was.

His dad looked between and smiled. "Oh. Well are you enjoying my collection?"

I nodded. "It's amazing."

"I'm glad you like it."

I stood there awkwardly as Trevor and his father had a short conversation. This day just changed from pretty great, to really awkward.

Once Trevor's dad left the room, the awkwardness grew. I took a deep breath. "I should probably go."

He looked up like he had forgotten I was there. "Um ok."

We walked side-by-side to the car in complete silence. I don't like this. I've been able to have fun with Trevor since the day we started talking again. I enjoyed that. Why do things have to be complicated by something that didn't even happen.

The ride home was silent too. Once we were at my house, I was so pissed at both of us, I stormed out of the car without saying goodbye or anything. Trevor didn't seem to mind though, because as soon as I was out of his car, he sped off.

Trevor's POV

****************

I got to the end of the block and parked my car, laying my head on the steering wheel. What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I all of a sudden wanting to kiss Andy? Not that Andy isn't great. She's pretty awesome actually. But she's not the girl I'm in love with! She's...Andy.

What's wrong with Andy? I thought.

That was a good point. Not much was wrong with Andy. She's got that look about her that can be cute one day and down right sexy the next. And her hair, I just want to run my fingers through it just to see if it's as soft as it looks. And don't even get me started on her eyes. Those things sparkle when she smiles her perfect white smile- WHAT AM I SAYING?!

I. Don't. Like. Andy. She's a friend. We're just friends helping each other be with the one person we want to be with.

I spent the rest of the ride home trying to convince myself of that. I walked up to my room doing the same thing. When I opened the door I was doing the same thing. But it wasn't working. My brain was agreeing...but my heart wasn't.

Brock looked at me from the laptop. "What's wrong with you."

"I have a problem." I mumbled.

"Let me guess. You like Andy?"

"How did you know that?!"

He chuckled. "You act different around her. And you're possessive."

"I am not!"

"Why is it a bad thing that you like her? You're single. She's single. Go for it dude!" He said.

I shook my head. "She doesn't like me that way."

"How do you know?"

"She likes Kenny." For the first time in my life I felt jealousy flow through every inch of my body. It made me want to go beat the guy's ass just for looking at her the wrong way. "Why haven't I noticed this before now?" I whispered.

"What? That you like Andy or your insane jealousy towards that Kenny? Because I saw the jealously thing years ago." He told me.

"Years? I just started liking her 20 minutes ago."

He stood up and stretched. "No. You just realized you liked her. Trust me T, you have been glaring at Kenny since eighth grade."

There's no way I've liked Andy for that long and didn't know it. Hell! The first time we had spoken for years was two weeks ago. Why did we even stop talking in the first place? Maybe Brock is right for once in his life. Maybe I just stopped talking to Andy and forgot how much I really liked her.

"Just tell her. Besides, Kenny is with Kelly. She can't have him until they break up." Brock said.

Oh God. Kelly. Just thinking about her makes my heart beat faster. How can I be in love with one girl, but have, maybe not as strong, feelings for another? And which one wins out?

"I'm not taking any chances until I know she likes me back." I told him. I don't want to explain everything to him.

"You're going to miss your chance."

I sighed. He's probably right, but my mind is made up. I'm going to continue with this plan. I am going to keep trying for Kelly until Andy tells me she likes me back...If that ever happens.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ok, so this chapter has taken forever to get uploaded and I'm sorry. I also know that it's really short, but honestly this was how I planned it out before I even wrote it. I didn't know it would be this short when I wrote it. Anyway...Trevor has discovered some new feelings. Seriously though, did you not see it coming? Haha! So tell me what you think. Vote and comment!  :)

P.S. Happy New Year to you all!