Chapter 13

"I don't understand how your brain works." Kenny said. I looked out the car window, trying to ignore this lecture again. "Seriously, what goes on in your head?"

"I don't know Kenny. Why don't you tell me? You seem to know more about me than I do." I mumbled.

"I'm going to ignore the last comment because that will just start another argument."

I rolled my eyes. "We aren't arguing Kenny. You're doing all the talking while I try to ignore you."

He turned on to my street and parked on the side. I could see my house. Why is he stopping here? Can't he drive the extra hundred yards?

"Listen." He said.

"Ugh!" I groaned. He wants to talk some more.

"What?"

I opened the door. "I'll walk the rest of the way home. Thanks for the ride."

"Wait Andy. Why are you leaving?"

I turned around to look at him. "I don't want to sit here and listen to you give me a big long speech about the same thing I've been hearing about for days. I know you don't like Trevor, so lets just leave it at that. If I want to be friends with Trevor, I will be friends with him. I don't need your approval."

"Ok, I'm sorry. I won't bring it up again."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes you will. Maybe you won't tonight, but as soon as you see him and me together, you'll start up again."

"No, I won't. Now close the door, so I can take you home and then we can have a real movie night. I'll stay the whole time."

I sighed and closed the door as we drove the rest of the thirty second drive to my house. Sometimes I question my friendship with him.

When I walked into my house, the first thing I heard was shouting. When I went into the living room, I see Jake and Cassie, screaming at eachother. This is the bad part about both of them being out of school. Who knows how long they have been arguing.

"You're such a douche!" Cassie shouted across the room.

Jake looked at me and automatically looked relieved. "Thank God you're here."

"Please don't pull me into this. I've already had a bad day, don't make it worse." I said.

"There's nothing to even pull you into." Cassie said. "I came over to try and talk some things out, but apparently I'm not good enough to even talk to now."

"I didn't say that!" Jake defended.

"You implied it!"

I looked back at Kenny, who was holding his breath. He knows about their relationship status, well their used to be relationship status, I haven't gotten around to telling him about Kevin, and Jake confessing his love, and all that. He's also been around when one of their arguments are going on. Niether one of us like it much.

"You wanna go upstairs?" I asked.

"Please." He answered.

We got to about the fourth stair when Cassie and Jake started screaming for us to get back in there.

I sighed. "We could always make a run for it."

He shook his head. "They would catch us if we tried it."

That was true. So we went back into the war zone and tried to work out the problems of the two idiots.

"Just stop yelling and start from the beginning. Cassie, why are you here?" I asked her.