Chapter 7

I'm actually scared to get out of this car, and walk into school. I haven't been scared to go into school since first grade. I took a deep breath and stared at my hand on the door handle. Just get out and run to class. Avoid eye contact with everyone.

Someone hit my window and made me jump. Please don't be Kenny. PLEASE don't be Kenny. I mentally begged. I looked out and saw Trevor looking in at me. God really does love me.

"What are you doing?" He asked me through the window.

I opened the door and looked up at him. "I was trying to get out of the car."

"Ok...well you did it."

I sighed. This was no time for him to try and be funny. He needed to give me an explanation. "Trevor, we need to talk."

He looked worried. "I've always hated hearing those words come out of a girl's mouth."

I rolled my eyes. "Why did you lie to me?"

"What?"

"I know you and Kelly did more than hook up at a party, and I know she wasn't ignoring you."

Realization crossed his face, before pure guilt took over. It made me wonder if he was really guilty, or if it was all an act. He seemed to be good at acting considering the amount of pain Kelly, the girl he is 'in love' with, showed yesterday at the mall, and how chill he had acted.

"Ok look, I didn't exactly give you the straight up truth, but you have to believe me when I say I love Kelly." He said, pleadingly. It was hard not to believe him.

"I want to the real story Trevor."

"I'll tell you, but you have to promise to still help me."

"Trevor."

"Pinky promise." He said.

I looked down at his pinky and then back up at him. "No. I want the story first, then I'll decide."

He sighed and dropped his hand. "Fine."

I saw a navy blue truck pull up behind him. The same truck I need to avoid until I get my facts straight. I grabbed Trevor's hand and pulled him toward the doors. I got some weird looks from some people in the halls. Not to mention one death glare from Jamie Deriks. She's been after Trevor since seventh grade, and as far as I'm concerned she can have him.

We still had a good ten minutes before class started. That's plently of time for Trevor to tell me everything. I dragged him to the far back corner of the library and sat down on the couch they have there. I know Kenny saw me running away from him, but would never think to look here.

"I didn't know there was a lounge area back here." Trevor said, ammused.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you didn't. Now start talking."

He took a deep breath. "Ok, Kelly and I did hook up at a party. I didn't lie about that, but we had been, I guess you could say together, for a month or so. Neither one of us really wanted to make it exclusive. I'm not really sure why, but we agreed to keep it secret. Everything was perfect in that relationship, except for the fact that we had to act like we weren't in a realationship. That was really hard because I fell hard for the girl, and I just wanted to be with her all the time. Then I screwed up one day. We went to a party, and I got a little too drunk and started making out with some chick I didn't even know. Kelly saw me and ended it then. I regret that every single day, but I can't do anything about it. She won't talk to me. Andy, you have to help me. I'm sorry I didn't tell you the whole story, but I told you what you needed to know, and that's that I really love Kelly. I want to be with her, and only her."