Chapter 23

I looked at myself in the mirror. I need to get back to Trevor, but I can't go into that room again. That Michelle bitch is on my last nerve, not to mention I can't help but compare myself to her. She's one of the most annoying people I've ever met, but there's no escaping the fact that she's drop dead gorgeous.

There was a knock on the door and I opened it expecting to see Trevor coming to check on me. Unfortunately I'm not that lucky. I came face to face with Mark and his smirk.

"So you're back?" He asked, pushing past me to get into the bathroom.

"Yes, and I'll probably be back again." I told him.

He looked me up and down. "You really aren't Trevor's type. No offense."

I really do not like this boy. "What exactly is Trevor's type? That blonde whore in there?"

"There's a blonde whore?" Funny how that can get him out of his emotionless act.

"Yes. She's apparently developed a crush on Trevor so now I have to stay here and make her mad." I don't know why I'm telling him this.

"And you're in here because?"

Because I can't handle her, but I would almost rather be in there listening to her bitch than be in here with him. "I don't know." I lied.

"I know why," He smiled. "Because you like my brother, but you don't think you're good enough for him. There's a pretty, tall, skinny, model like girl in there and you can't handle being in the same room with her knowing there's a huge chance Trevor would drop you and go to her."

"I don't know what you are talking about." I said quietly.

"Yes you do. You know exactly what I meant when I said you aren't Trevor's type. Think about the girls he has gone out with. Aren't they better than you?"

What the hell is this guy's problem? Have I done something to him? "No. If anyone is better than anyone, it's me. All the girls Trevor has been with are sluts, and they only want one thing."

He smirked. "How hard are you trying to convince yourself of that right now."

I don't know why he is doing this to me, but I can't handle it anymore. With tears welling up in my eyes, I turned to leave the room. Mark grabbed my arm and spun me around. "Just because I said you're not Trevor's type, doesn't mean you aren't mine."

I slapped him hard and pulled my arm away from him. "You're type or not, I wouldn't be caught dead with you."

I stomped down to Trevor's room and opened the door. Him and Brock were on the couch, and Michelle was sitting in the chair glaring at the floor, which she switched to me as soon as I walked in.

"It's about time you got back." Trevor smiled.

Still trying to hold back tears Mark caused, I smiled a little. "Yeah, well I'm going to go ahead and go."

Trevor's smile faded and he got up. "Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I should just be getting home. It's kind of late."

"It's not even seven yet."

I shrugged. "I just want to go home ok."

He studied me for a minute before giving in. "Ok. I'll walk you to the door."

"I know the way. You have company, you should stay."

He didn't listen to me, and followed me out the door. Once we were to the stairs, he stopped me. "What's going on? You were fine when you left the room."

"Nothing Trevor. Now lets go."

Mark came around the corner and looked between us. "Leaving so soon?"

I almost smiled at the small bruise forming on his cheek. He deserves that. "Yes, so if you will excuse me." I pulled away from Trevor and ran down the stairs.

"Andy stop!" Trevor said, catching up with me quickly.

"Trevor please, just let me leave." I said, the tears in my eyes finally falling. "I can't be here with her there. I'll just keep comparing myself to her and when I do that, I always find that I'm no where near as good as them. I need to get away from her, and your brother and-"

"My brother? What does he have to do with anything?"

Damn. I didn't want to tell him about that. "He just...I don't know."

"Did he say something? Look Mark does that ok. He gets his joy by bringing other people down. He's just a jerk like that. Don't listen to him. "

Too late. "Can I just go?"

"Yeah, but let me tell you something." His voice was soft, just like his eyes. "You have no reason to compare yourself to Michelle because you are better than she is in every way possible. Don't put yourself down because of something my stupid brother said."

I nodded because that's all I could do. His gaze was so intense and it was kind of scary, but instead of backing away from it, I was drawn to it.

"Trevor baby, has that bitch left yet?" Michelle yelled, coming closer to the staircase. Was she really calling me a bitch?

Trevor smirked. "Ready to get rid of her?"

"What?" I asked.

He chuckled and put his hand on my cheek. I watched as he got closer and closer until there was barely any space between us. I didn't know what to do. Part of me was telling me to push him away, and the other part was screaming to let him keep going. That was the part that won. I closed my eyes just before his lips touched mine.

It was a simple kiss. Nothing intense that would make you want carry things further. It was enough for me to kiss him back though, which is more than what I can say for other guys I've kissed. I wanted to push them away as soon we made contact. Not Trevor though. He wasn't pushing me. It was just...a kiss.

He pulled away slowly and smiled. "Nice."

His choice of words made me giggle until Michelle made herself known. "Really? Trevor, what the hell are you doing?"

"I'm saying goodbye to her. Duh."

"Well you can say goodbye to me too because anyone who chooses HER over me isn't worth my time."

I watched as she stomped out the door like the baby she is.

"I would pick you over her anyday." Trevor whispered, pulling me into a hug.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I am SO sorry for the length. I'll try to upload a longer chapter soon. Vote and comment! :)