Chapter 14

"Daddy, I don't want to do this." Violet set the pen down on the table and gave her father a look. Dean sighed, not enjoying this either. He had a hard enough time understanding things when they had been taught to him by teachers, he couldn't even fathom how hard it must be for her to understand it coming out of his mouth.

"Violet, just a few more problems and we can calls it quits." He ran a hand through his hair and moved closer to the table. Violet huffed but looked down at what he was trying to show her. It wasn't that she didn't understand it, it was that it was boring and she would much rather be outside. He's kept her locked up in here for almost 24 hours and she felt more then sluggish.

She knew that she needed the sun and she needed it soon. She would have been fine if she had slept but it was weird for her to sleep longer then two, maybe three hours in a row. Any time longer then that she would wake up every ten minutes or so. She let him talk her though it again and she did them on her own and he let her off the hook.

He stood up from the table mumbling something about getting himself a beer and she put everything away. Dean had took his father serious when it came to the homeschooling so for the last four years he's not only been a hunter but also a teacher. Though the only things that he really knew how to teach were how to shoot a gun and fight. He made sure that she was learning plenty of that as well and he's very proud to say that she got a hell of a right hook for a ten year old.

While he was getting himself that beer, he checked his phone for a message from his father who had yet to contact him for two weeks. He was starting to get a little worried, he had tried calling him but it always went straight to voicemail. Violet made a sound to get her father's attention and he turned around.

"Can we go do something please?" He looked her over and could see the tiredness in her eyes and he reached for his car keys. He still didn't understand how her powers really worked and new things seemed to be popping up every other week. She climbed into the Impala and Dean pulled out of the parking lot. He normally took her to a park so she could run around or swing, or somewhere she could just sit and soak up the sunlight. "Have you heard anything from Grandpa?" Dean gave her a quick side glace and waited a second before he answered her.

"No, but I'm sure he's fine." He said reassuringly. She licked her lips and turned to look out the window. She closed her eyes and let the energy from the sun into her. The light began chasing away all the slow and sluggish thoughts and feelings from her body.

He pulled into the parking lot of a park he had seen coming into town and she was quick to jump out and made her way to the swings. She tucked her dress underneath her legs and slowly pushed off the ground. Dean could already see a difference in her as she moved. He had tried opening windows for her and letting the energy move though the glass but it always seemed to louse some on the way though.

He got out and followed her, sitting on the closes bench to where she was. He had successfully kept her away from other hunters and she had even started helping him with hunts. He really didn't like it at first, in fact he refused her help a few times but she didn't let that slid. She was pretty good a research considering her age and he was beginning to wonder if her comprehension level was a little too far above her age range. He liked that she was smart but he found it difficult to keep up with her evolving vocabulary as well as her ability to fly though a book the size of his head. She didn't talk or act like a ten year old, that was for sure. It was times like these that he really wished his brother had stayed rather then left for school. He would be so much better at the homeschooling thing and she could really learn to her full potential.

They ended up hanging out there for about another hour before Dean decided it was time to head back. She didn't argue with him as they moved back to the car and it wasn't till they got back that Dean realized that he had forgotten his phone in the car. He flipped it open was more then surprised to see a voicemail from his father. He was quick to listen to it and that only made his heart drop in his chest. Violet could see the change in her father and her own fear started to surface.