Chapter 11

Violet could see them. Not with her eyes but with her mind. They burned like the strongest of candles at the edge of her mind's eye and she had to know what they were. They didn't feel like anything she's seen before and she wanted to know what they looked like. So she went to them.

She moved through the trees like she lived in them. Plants seemed to both grow and part her path. The flames in her mind never moved. She wasn't thinking about her father as she went to them. Him and his words of her staying put were the last thing on her mind as she explored.

Finally she found them. Three wolves. They were all sitting together underneath a tree that sat in the middle of four others. They were pressed tightly against on another in the small clearing. They didn't feel like real wolves, at least not the ones she saw at the zoo with her father. Something about these were different.

The two largest ones looked like they had been pulled out of the dark side of the moon and the other one looked a bit like caramel. They were looking at her with the same confusion she showed them. Violet tilted her head to the side as she observed them and tried to understand what made them different. She took a step closer to them. The one sitting in the middle, one of the dark ones, started trying to stand up. The other big on growled at him and Violet took a small step back. She looked at them though her mind again to see if something in them had changed but they looked the same.

She wasn't scared, they had just caught her by surprise. She started closing the distance between her and the animals and when there wasn't any she lifted her hand to the middle on. The way he was looking at her made her think that he was the nicest. He licked her hand and giggled.

"Gross." She said wiping her hands down the front of her dress. The wolf pushed his head into her chest and whined. She scratched behind his ears and he leaned into her touch.

"Viole- holy shit!" She quickly turned around and saw her father. He was peeking his head through the trees and was looking at the dogs with wide eyes. The wolf's who's fur she had her hand wrapped in fully stood up. It came up to just above her head and he growled at the older man. The other dark wolf that was sitting to her left growled at the other wolf and knocked him away from Violet. "Violet, come here." Dean told her sternly, holding his hand out for her. She tilted her head st her father, not understanding the urgency in his voice. They're nice.

"Daddy, look how fluffy they are!" She exclaimed, doing a half bounce. She reached out for the one she had been petting before hand. He licked at her hand again and the other wolf growled at him again. The one she was petting reluctantly moved away from her hand and the caramel one stood up and gently pushed her in the direction of Dean who had no idea what the hell was going on.

"Violet." He repeated, pushing his hand out to her as if to tell her to hurry up. Knowing by the sound of his voice she should listen to him before she got in trouble she began to move away from them. The one that licked her made a whining sound and she looked back at him only for Dean to call out to her again.

Once Dean could reach her, he scooped her up into his arms and quickly left them. He wasn't stupid and knew that something was different about them but that didn't mean he didn't want to get her as far away from them as possible. He called the other hunter and let him know that he found Violet. He also mentioned that he was going to give his father a call about coming and picking her up. Her powers only seemed to be getting stronger while he worked there and if things like this were going to keep happening he needed her as far away from other hunters as he could get her.

"What do you mean wolves?" John's voice carried though the plastic phone and Dean sighed. He repeated everything that happened while they were out in the woods. Making sure to include the plant thing.

"I don't know…it's almost like….I don't know how to describe what she's doing. I just don't understand. But whatever is happening it starting to get harder and harder to hide. Her hair is only growing faster, if there's a plant around her then it's going to get bigger. What am I going to do if she goes out to play on the playground at school and the trees start getting new freaking branches." Dean glanced back to the motel door knowing that Violet was waiting inside for him.

"What were you saying about the iron?" John ignored the other things he was saying.

"She said she couldn't see." Dean leaned back against the Impala with the phone pressed tightly to his ear.

"Couldn't see?"

"Yeah, but she could still see me, I don't know what she was seeing but when I brought her back to the motel after she found the dogs she said that she didn't recognize them and wanted to see what they looked like." Dean quoted his daughter. "Dad, I don't know how I'm going to….I don't know how to raise a magical kid. Hell I don't even know how to raise a normal kid."

"Dean, we're just going to have to keep taking swings in the dark till we figure it out. It's not like she understands any of this either."

"That's the problem. I'm afraid that she's going to accidentally hurt herself or someone else because she doesn't understand how to use them. If those wolves had attacked her then there wouldn't have been anything I could do to save her. If she keeps running off to look at the things she see- senses then she might come across something that isn't going to lick her hand."

"Was she anywhere near them when she saw them?" It took Dean a second to understand his question.

"No, they were a good thousand feet from where I left her. She said they felt different then the one's she saw at the zoo."

"So she can see things that aren't in her line of vision." Dean sighed and shrugged.

"I guess. Something like that."

"Okay, so here's what we do. I'm about five hours out. I'll come get her and take her somewhere I can test her powers out while you finish up there, see what she can do. Then you can come meet us where ever I end up taking her."

"What about school?"

"I guess we're going to have to home-school her."

"How the hell are we going to home school her?"

"We'll figure it out. You're right about needing to keep her away from other people for extended amounts of time. That is until we can teach her how to control her powers enough not to risk exposing herself." Dean nodded into the phone.

"Okay, five hours you said?"

"Yeah, make sure she's ready when I get there."