Chapter 9

Dean held onto his daughter for what felt like the entire night but was only about fifteen minutes. He smoothed down her hair and let her cry. He didn't know what happened, iron isn't supposed to hurt witches, its just supposed to cancel out their powers.

After a few seconds he carefully pushed her away so he could see her face. He ran his thumbs underneath her eyes and whipped the tears away and gave her a few minutes to calm down. She hiccupped a little bit and started to panic when Dean stood up.

"I'm just getting the first aid kit." he assured her. He grabbed it from his bag and sat back down on the bed next to her. He opened it up and grabbed a piece of gauze and the rubbing alcohol. He poured the liquid on the gauze and started cleaning up her wrist. Her hand was shaking and Dean had to hold it still. He was happy to see that they had stopped bleeding but they didn't look very nice. He wrapped them to keep them from getting infected.

"What happened?" He asked her in a gentle voice. Just as she was about to answer him the sound of knocking disrupted her. She jumped up, and he stood up.

"Manager!" A voice carried through the wood.

"Shit." Dean mumbled under his breath. He stood up and moved to the door. Everything's okay. He told her and opened the door. Just like the voice said the person was dressed up in a manager type uniform.

"Is everything okay in here sir?" The man's name tag read Steve. He looked like a miserable middle aged man who would rather be anywhere but his eyes also held a tiny morsel of concern. Dean smiled and closed the door slightly so he couldn't see Violet sitting on the bed.

"Yeah, everything's great. My daughter was just having a nightmare." He assured. Steve looked over his shoulder and saw the little girl sitting quietly on the bed. Dean smiled at him tightly but Dean knew that it wasn't a very nice smile. Steve looked between Dean and his daughter a few times before biding the a good night. Though he would make sure to watch for the little girl in the morning to make sure she was alright.

Dean waited for a minuet before he went and sat back down next to Violet. She looked at him with a look that Dean didn't like directed to him. She held her hand tightly in her lap and blinked up at him.

"What happened?" He asked her, he brushed back a strand of her hair and did his best to keep a calm face.

"I couldn't see." She said accusingly. Dean sighed.

"What do you mean, you couldn't see?" He questioned. She frowned and looked at him.

"I couldn't see!"

"You couldn't see me?"

"No, Daddy! I couldn't see!" She told him like he was supposed to know exactly what she was talking about. He sighed again and got up to grab the bracelet he threw across the room while everything was happening. The second he picked it up she jumped away from him and started crying again. No! Ill be good!

"Violet come here." He said tiredly. She came over to him, tears streaming down her face. He sat back down on the bed and once she was close enough he pulled her into his lap. He set the bracelet on the bed and pressed her against him. "Im not going to hurt you." He promised. "What did you mean when you said you couldn't see? You couldn't see me?"

"No Daddy, I could only see you." She explained.

"You couldn't see the rest of the room?" His eyebrow furrowed.

"I could only see that." Now his mind was officially boggled. What else was there to see? He couldn't think of anything so he asked her. "You cant see them?" She asked, this time she was the one confused. This is the time that Dean was starting to regret not explaining to her that her abilities weren't normal.