15 || 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐊𝐄𝐒

𝐃𝗼𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟷𝟺𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽

"Donnie! Wake up!" I was being shaken roughly by two arms and one face hovering above mine. The sun blocked the outline of her head, and it became clear when she stopped moving me around. Osa. I was so glad to see her after... After these dreams I just had. Actually, they're preferred to be called nightmares in most people's books.

I've never woken up so scared before up until Osa showed herself to me. Whenever she was in view, things always seemed better. "What happened?" I asked, blocking the sunlight from my eyes.

"Nightmare, I think," Osa says, standing on her single leg very well. I'm proud that she's becoming independent again with just one of her legs.

"Oh," I grabbed my glasses from the pile of leaves. "We leaving?"

"Leo wants to get going in fifteen minutes. he wants to give you a second." She replied to me.

"Why?" I sat up, finally able to see clearly.

"You're hurt." Osa reminded me.

"I'm okay." I chuckled, my shoulders not as tender as before. "I'll carry you again."

"Not happening." Osa scolded. "I'll hop. It's about time I get some exercise and feel the ground under my feet. Well, foot."

"Osa." I sighed.

"Donnie. I have my choices, too."

She was something else. This girl always got her way with those eyes of hers. But I'll admit it, Osa is... charming, in a stubborn and irritating kind of way...

Shortly after having this morning conversation with her, we were back on the road to find what was in store for us today. According to my calculations, we should be arriving at Hopeswell by dinner time.

Strolling farther every day was becoming a step to our daily routine. Sleep, wake up, walk, find food, sleep... and repeat.

Osa hopped on her left leg for about thirty minutes without stopping. I was impressed with her improvement. It was just like yesterday she lost her leg and thought that she wasn't going to be able to get around anymore, but she corrected us proudly. I watched her closely, close to the point I should never leave her side.

I thought back to what Kristen said, though. She said that I'm beginning to attach myself to Osa, never detaching from her. A piece of me feels like there is something there and-- damn! I feel like I am supposed to know this sh*t... Man... I thought it over last night before I went to sleep and realized that--

"Infected!" Kitty shrieks looking ahead.

I looked away from the purple ribbon on my friend's tail and find a heard of not Walkers, but Stalkers. They were stumbling on their feet and roared as they tried to come toward us at a fast pace. The smell they gave off was enough to make the gut turn to liquid-- it stunk so much.

"This way, through the trees!" My brother guided our group. I just hope that his idea of running through the trees was our best chance. Patience and Regan came under Osa's arms to help her hop faster. I purposely stayed behind to make sure none of my group got left behind, but it turns out that I am the only one falling behind.

The actions everyone was attempting were fast and slow motion at the same exact time. It feels like I'm confused about where to go in order to escape the jaws of death. Stalkers were in one direction and my group in the other... I was in the middle of both, not knowing what to do next because my heart was drumming. I stayed still.

Voices are muffled, my vision has gone blurry, there was so much confusion. What was next?

"Run, Donnie!" It echoed as I stared at the herd. "Run!"