02 || 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Without my body even processing it, my reaction was to take in a massive breath, flashing my eyes open to feel my pillow is drenched in sweat. My mouth is so parched, and I wanted something to fix its dryness. I steady my breathing, looking at the cell I was in and found Donnie had come up right to my side. "Don." I breathe out weakly.

"Hey," He smiled, sitting next to the bed. "I'm right here."

I gulp, licking my lips a few times. I don't believe that I am here right now. How am I alive? "I'm-- I'm alive?" My ears trilled, lighting up.

Donnie nodded quickly to me. "Yeah, you're still kicking. I'm glad you're awake." He chuckles placing a hand near my face on the bed.

I've never felt so much pain in my life. I mean, I've had a bee sting, scraped my knee, twisted my ankle, and slammed my fingers in a car door, but this hurts like a motherf*cker... "I-It hurts," I whispered, my voice shaking, not remembering what had happened to my leg. "A lot."

"I know." Donnie nodded. "The morphine I gave you wore off."

A painkiller sounds nice right about now. "Is there more?"

"It's a heavy drug, Osa." He told me, wishing he could give up another round of this stuff that kept me numb. "I can't give you another dose until later."

I understood, then wondering how I ended up here--what happened? "How did I get back here? I don't remember a lot." I whisper.

"A Stalker attacked you outside. You were bitten." He paused. "Leo had to amputate your leg."

My body felt tingly, my eyes widen, and I swear I turned pale right in front of him. "Wh-What?" My voice began to break, not wanting to believe that I lost something important to me. I needed my legs. Both of them! "Ampu--" I try sitting up but Donnie lays be back down right away.

"Osa, you can't move so much." He says, keeping his hand on my shoulder as I cried.

"My leg is gone?" I wept.

"I'm sorry." He finally says, swallowing hard. Donnie could tell that it was very difficult for me to take in this new information. "You need to get some rest, please."

"I've slept enough." I support myself with my elbows on the bed.

He kept by me, making sure that I wouldn't try to stand up. "Your stump is swollen, Osa. I was only able to stop a bit of the bleeding."

Sh*t. I can't believe this. I don't know how I am supposed to accept this. How am I going to shift? How will I do the things I used to? I need all of my limbs to be an animal! I needed to relax, Donnie is right about that. I exhale deeply to keep calm and breathe through the pain I was experiencing constantly. "Am I able to get up tomorrow?"

He shrugged. "It depends how you're feeling."

I nodded. "Okay."

Don wanted to change the subject so he could see another smile on my face again. "Guess, what, though? Leo said we're target shooting tomorrow."

And he did get a smile. Gun shooting sounds amusing. "Really? You think I can I try?" I asked him.

"Osa..." He says, knowing it probably wasn't the best idea. "If you feel better in the morning, I'll let you come and watch us."

"Seems fair," I said.

****

𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸𝚗𝚍, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼

I was already hearing the guns fire outside the prison, the shots echoing in the yard. There were so many different patterns and sounds from each kind of gun.