07 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 2017

I felt sick to my stomach when I ended up in this revolting water. It was cold enough as it is.

"This is nasty," Patience crouches to the edge. "But I'm taking the plunge." When she entered the water, it was creative of her to use her thick tail as a rudder through the water.

"Can we talk about this?" Regan says as the rest of the group were sinking into the small dark sea.

"We just did." Mikey's body was already in the frigid liquid.

Donnie and I were now on the other side getting out and looking back to only three group members in the water. When Don got up to stand, water dripped from his clothes, making him shake and shiver. I was glad that I was on top of his shoulders because being a shapeshifter, I produced more body heat than a human. I kept him warm.

Everyone swam through the water, teeth chattering until they made it to the other side. The only person left was Regan. "Reg, come on," Donnie whispers from the other side.

"I can't." She says.

"It's just water. Hurry." Said Criss.

"I can't swim." She confessed. Great... I guess we're going to need to teach the poor girl to be like Michael Phelps.

"You couldn't tell us this before now?" I say.

"I didn't know we'd encounter water," Regan answers my words.

"Ugh." Leo grunts, slipping back into the sewer water. "I'm coming back over."

The turtle in the blue mask retrieved Regan, bringing her back to the rest of the group.

The eleven of us including Patience's lizard were together as one again-- one heart, one soul. Everyone except for me wrang out their soggy clothes and hope their clothes will dry before we get up top. Silly, Patience's blue-tongued lizard and I were the only ones desert dry.

"Now that's over... I think we should get to the surface before dark." Leo started the walk again.

****

The town on the real ground above may be far, but Donnie said it would be best to stay out of sight before going back to the surface.

Once we're on the main street, we'll rise from another manhole cover to be in a better environment. Just to be in a better place, I close my eyes and think about the wonderful possibilities.

My head was laying on the top of Donnie's, not minding at all.

The bioluminescent lights on my ears and face rippled slowly, indicating that I am calm and not on full alert.

As I kept my eyes shut, every once in a while I would listen to everyone speak amongst themselves, trying to pass the time. But then, my mind thought of something very interesting. If the apocalypse never happened, would I have still met Donnie and his brothers? If I did meet them, maybe we would all be having a blast back home in New York.

We never would have met Patience, Stan, Kristen, Criss, or Regan if it weren't for this apocalypse.

But I started the dream. In this dream, I could smell the friendly flowers in a field, all kinds of different fragrances dancing in a cool breeze.

I could hear a lot of people laughing, having a great time in the glorious sun that glistened off a body of pure blue water. I could see hardworking people working to keep a roof over their family's heads. This dream-- there was no sadness, no death, no infection.

I was just dreaming of the world being the world again.

Unfortunately, our teenage dreams are dead and they can't get back up to be alive again. All of us are now realizing that everyone we know someday will die.