Chapter 26

As I turned into the street, I started to recognize it. That's when I noticed my grandma's house near the end of the street. What if Nikki knows my grandma?' I wondered to myself.

I looked up to read the numbers on the houses. '215, 216, 217-' I counted down the numbers in my head until I read a large blue house. While walking up the driveway, I noticed that my grandma's house was next door. 'Cheesy, but interesting.' I thought to myself.

I stepped up onto the porch, placing my phone back in my pocket. Hoping that I have the right house this time, I knocked on the door. The door slowly opened, showing an older woman that was around my dad's age.

"Hello. Who are you?" She asked me politely. I was confused, being that I was earlier told that her parents were out.

"Does Nikki live here?" I asked her, peaking around her slightly.

"Sorry, no Nikkis' live here." She explained sympathetically.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I yelled in my head, still somehow maintaining a straight face. THIS IS THE SECOND FUCKING TIME IN A ROW!

"Oh, thanks anyways." I said calmly, turning around to leave.

"Wait." She stopped me with her voice, causing me to turn back around. "Nikki Harris? I know her, she's a sweet girl. She lives just across the street over there." The woman replied, pointing to a cream-coloured house across the street.

"Thank you for your help." I said, putting on a smile so it would seem like I cared about her or something. All that I cared about was that I was going to see if Nikki was okay, and nothing else mattered at the moment.

She called out a "you're welcome" as I walked down the driveway and across the street. Some help Christie was. I thought to myself. She gave me the wrong address twice in a row.

I rang the doorbell of the cream coloured house, pleading that the lady gave me the right house. I waited for someone to answer the door, when suddenly a woman with long bleached blonde hair and a short girl with dark brown curly locks darted out past me. I can only assumed that it was Nikki's mom and younger sister.

The woman spun around to face me while what looked like her daughter got in the car. She asked me who I was, and I told her my name and who I was looking for.

"Nikki's upstairs in her room right now if you want to talk to her. She's kind of in shock right now so be mindful of that. Lock the door on your way in and don't forget to knock before you enter her room. Sorry I can't stay to chat I have to go." She then hopped into the car and sped off, around the corner.

I stepped through the door to find a small wooden staircase heading upwards into the ceiling. The staircase was steep, and almost seemed to be leading to an attic. I climbed up the stairs into a narrow corridor with one door in the middle. I assumed it was Nikki's room and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Nikki moaned from the other side of the door.

"It's Aiden." I answered, raising my voice to be heard though the door.

"Aiden? Come in." She said in a confused tone.

I turned to door knob and opened it to find Nikki lying on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. She didn't seem to care that I had entered her room, keeping her earbuds in. Her knees was pointed to the ceiling and she had let one arm slide off the small bed.

"Hey." I said, stepping closer to her. She pulled out her earbuds and positioned herself so her head was facing me.

"Hey." She mumbled, fighting back tears.

I could tell that I had brought back memories of today. She rolled over so she was facing away from me, obviously not wanting me to see her crying.

"You ok?" I asked her, walking over to her bed.

"Yah." She mumbled, trying to hold in the tears.

Suddenly I could hear the muffled noises of crying coming from her. Without thinking, I laid down on the bed facing her. Quickly, she rolled over so she was facing me. She buried her face into my chest, sobbing.

"I trusted him! And to think that I liked him once!" Nikki cried over the sound of her tears. She was very obviously hurt, both mentally and emotionally.

"Shhh, it's okay." I hugged her close to my heart, trying to calm her. Without thinking, I started to sing the first song that came to my head.

"Would you dance, if I asked you to dance?" I sang quietly to her, stoking her back with my hand in attempt to comfort her.

"Would you run, and never look back?" The words caused me to start to tear up too.

"Would you cry, if you saw me crying?"

"Would you save my soul, tonight?" I could hear Nikki's tears start to slow down, eventually coming to a complete stop. I continued to hold her close to me, not wanting to let her go.

"Would you tremble, if I touched your lips?

Would you laugh? Oh please tell me this." I could tell by the way she laid there, that today was a day that would scar her for a while.

"Would you die, for the one you loved?" A day that would change her.

"Hold me in you arms, tonight."

My fingers ran through Nikki's hair, reminding me of her. I'm reminded of it, but right now I didn't care. There's no way it will happen again. I won't let it happen. And that's a promise. 

•••••

Author's Note:

I don't really have anything to say, um. Have a great day! And thanks for reading my story!