Chapter 18

Aiden's POV:

I sat outside the fence that surrounded the field with my back pressed against it. As I raised the joint to my mouth, an image popped into my mind. The image was of Nikki on her way to school on the bus.

"Oh yeah." I said to myself. "Nikki will probably be here soon." Standing up, I lifted my backpack and hung it over my shoulder. I stepped over a puddle as I headed into the school grounds, dropping what I had been smoking in the snow.

As I got closer to the school, I noticed a bus had pulled up. 'That must be Nikki's bus, there's only one bus that comes to the school.' I thought, continuing into the school. I stepped through the large doors and was once again reminded of why I hate school.

"I fucking hate school." I grumbled, heading in the direction of my locker. "The only good part about school is seeing Nikki." 'Wait. Did I just say that?' I think, stopping in the middle of the hall. I check over my shoulders to see if anyone had heard me. Luckily there was no one there to hear. 'Why did I say that?' I ask myself. 'No. I don't like Nikki. Do I? No. I can't hurt Nikki like that.'

Suddenly images flood my mind of last year and...Clara. I shut the imaginary doors in my mind and force myself to think of something else. 'No way in hell am I gonna make that mistake again.'

After placing my backpack in my locker, I head in the direction of the cafeteria. 'Maybe I'll know someone in there.' I thought to myself. I can't go back to see Nikki, especially not after what just happened. 'Hopefully doing something else will get her off my mind.' I tell myself.

********

Nikki's POV:

I looked out the window as the bus pulled up to the school. A tall boy was walking towards the school, dropping something small in the snow as he entered the fence. I recognized the boy as Aiden, wondering what he had dropped. 'It's probably just some garbage or paper or whatever.' I told myself, not caring enough to check.

"Hey Nikki, it's your boyfriend!" Jason yelled, pointing at Aiden walking outside.

"He's not my boyfriend Jason!" I exclaimed, checking to make sure Aiden didn't notice, he didn't. As we stood up Jason opened his mouth for another remark.

"Nikki and Aiden sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-" I slammed my hand over his mouth before he could say another letter.

"If you finish that sentence I will murder you and your family, including your dog." I gave him a long and menacing death stare to show him that I meant business. I wasn't actually going to murder anyone, but it definitely got my point across. Once I took my hand away he stared at me in awe, mouth open and eyes wide.

As I turned around to get off the bus I couldn't help but smirk at his reaction. It was crazy to think that he thought I was actually going to murder him and his family. 'And his dog? Are you serious right now? I would never hurt an animal.' I thought to myself.

I entered the school and headed straight for my locker. Once I opened my locker I looked to see if Aiden was at his locker. I looked across the hallway to his locker to find that he was no where to be found. 'Whatever.' I told myself. 'It's not like I wanted him to be there anyways.' I contemplated whether that was true or not as I placed my stuff carefully in my locker. I then headed in the direction of Jesse's locker hoping that she would be there.

As I suspected, Jesse was sitting in front of her locker on the ground. She had been going through her Instagram when she noticed I was standing over her.

"Oh hi." She said, glancing up from her phone for a split second. I looked at her with a puzzled expression. Jesse had never been too attached to her phone like some girls, I wondered why she was today.

"Whatcha doin'?" I asked calmly, lowering myself down next to her.

"Oh, nothing." She said, placing her phone in her right pocket. She then gazed to the right of her in the opposite direction of where I had been sitting. I followed her gaze to a sign on the door. As I got up to read it, Jesse grabbed my sleeve.

"Please. Don't." She stared into my eyes with a pleading look. Whatever was on that poster must be really important, but I knew I shouldn't read it. I sat myself back down beside Jesse, staring at the lockers in front of us. After asking Jesse if she wanted to go get some toast or something, we headed in the direction of the cafeteria. 

•••••••••••••••••••

Author's Notes:

This is actually a pretty long chapter, I hope that at least sort of makes up for the lack of updates. I would say that I have a buisy life like some people do, but to tell you the truth, my life is boring. I just didn't have any inspiration. 

Anyways, I hope you guys are enjoying it so far and don't forget to leave all your comments and suggestions about it in the comments! Anything helps!