Chapter 2

Eventually Friday rolls around and I realize that I still haven't told Jason yet.

"I'm gonna have to do that today." I say forcing myself out of bed to the sound of my alarm. "I can't wait until I can sleep in during summer." I quickly slip on a pair of jean shorts and a loose white tank top. "It'll do." I say grabbing my backpack and a piece of toast before heading out the door.

I had decided to walk to school today so I could get a bit of exercise before summer comes, because once schools out, I'll probably be sleeping in all day like every other year. I check the time on my phone, 8:20. I've got enough time to walk today.

I get halfway down the street and I hear a yell come from behind me.

"Nike!" The voice says from behind me. 'Nike? Like the shoes?' I quickly realize the person is talking to me. And there's only one person I know who calls me Nike, and that's Carter.

"Aauugghh." I moan turning around to see him. "What is it?"

"When are you going to ask Jason out on a date? We all know you want to. He told me himself." He says laughing as he flies past on his skate board. I suddenly stop walking. How did he know that I like Jason? It sounded like Jason told him, but I've never told anyone that except for......Casey! I turn the last corner and march through the gate to the school yard.

I realize that I have first block with her and head towards the band room. As soon as I push through the doors everyone gets up from there instruments to come over to me, all except for Casey, who stays seated and tunes her violin.

"You like Jason?"

"Nikki and Jason sitting in a tree!"

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

"Nikki likes Jason! Nikki likes Jason!"

My friend Jesse walks up to me and hugs me. "I'm so sorry, I told Casey not to but she did it anyways! She told Jason that you like him and he told the whole school!" After I thank her for trying, I weave my way through everyone and head straight for Casey.

"What did you do?!" I yell, moving her music stand out of the way. "Did you tell him?!"

"Nikki, just listen to me-" she starts to answer me before I cut her off.

"No! You listen to me! I told you to keep it a secret! I told you not to tell anyone! I told you that this would happen! And you didn't listen! You just did it anyways!" I rush back out of the room pushing past everyone, and escape into the hallway.

As I walk through the hall the voices start to slowly surround me. People on all sides start asking me about Jason. If they're not asking me about Jason, they're off to the side talking to their friends about me. Everyone in Yeterfeild will have heard about me by the end of the day if this keeps up. 

I enter the girls bathroom crying and stare at myself in the mirror. My hair had fallen out of the hair tie I had put it in and was now covering part of my face, and the mascara I was wearing had started to run down my face. "I'm a mess. I have to pull myself together. It's only one more day, one more day until I can leave this awful place forever." I tell myself wiping the tears from my eyes. "All the memories, all the heartbreaks, all the fights, they'll all be gone." I turn on the faucet and cup my hands, splashing cold water against my warm skin. "I can get through this day."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Author's Note:

Once again I'm sorry this is a short chapter but I'm still trying to set  up the story for the main part. Thank you so much if your still reading. I thought you would've given up on the first chapter.