eleven; rudbeckia

As it turned out, Izumi and Natsu realized, angry sex was sometimes an acceptable solution for arguments. They'd done so a few times in the following months to burn off their anger when they discussed things regarding their future child, and so far, it seemed to be working.

     Natsu heaved and collapsed next to the woman before wrapping a right arm around her bare chest. "God damn," he lifted up the blanket over their bodies and pressed himself up against her back. "Can't we just talk this out like reasonable people?" 

     Izumi turned on her side and cuddled up next to him. He had a point, she thought, but they had talked it out. They just happened to have the angry sex after the fact. "We did, but it's okay. I like your body."

     "What about my personality?" Natsu whined.

     "That's okay too, I guess. I like it a little bit." 

     The dragon slayer glowered and tapped her head with his palm. "You're an asshole."

     Instead of responding, Izzy only buried herself further into his body. She, quite obviously, knew he was kidding. He knew she was sweet, and he knew that she knew. It was a circle of understanding, almost.

     "Can we go out and buy her a teddy bear sometime?" He popped off out of nowhere. 

     Izumi cocked an eyebrow. "Sure, but where did that even come from?"

     "My mouth?"

     With a tiny smile, she brushed her boyfriend off and adjusted their blankets. "Not what I meant, stupid, but whatever. Why are you still so convinced we're having a girl?"

     Natsu uprooted her and pulled her head of lavender-scented hair to his face. "I told you. It's a hunch, and we're having a daughter. I promise you that." 

     Izzy shrugged and placed a hand on her small but swelling abdomen. If she thought hard enough, she could feel the presence of her future daughter or son; more than anything, she was ecstatic to bring him or her into the world and watch them grow up. In fact, she wouldn't have asked for anything more than that.

     "Fine. I trust your 'fatherly instincts,' okay?" She giggled.

     Natsu smiled in response. "Good thing," he said, and pulled the love of his life into an even tighter hug. "Because I trust you, too; to stay with me."

     "I will," Izzy promised. "I absolutely will."