five; limonium

The next days of Izumi's week consisted of spending an unhealthy amount of time with her puppy, Isosceles, and laying in bed and cuddling her boyfriend.

     It was almost like he lived there; Natsu had stayed the entire week, and it looked like neither lover had plans for that to change. Their relationship was almost like falling down a bottomless pit; they'd fallen fast, and they couldn't change it, so they treated it as if the length of it hadn't mattered. He could have stayed as long as he liked, and Izumi could've cared less.

     "Hey," the dragon slayer yawned, wrapped his arms around Izumi's waist. "Gimme a kiss, will ya?"

     Into the many pillows scattered around her bed, she grunted. "Too far."

     "I'm right here!"

     "And that's too far away!"

     Natsu rolled his eyes, gently pinched her shoulder. "You're such an ass. Don't deprive me."

     "Don't force me into doing things I don't want to do, mouth rapist."

     At the comment, which was blunt in nature, Natsu's face flushed over. He didn't quite know what to do with the jab at consent, and since she'd turned the kissing field political, he decided that bothering to do so would ultimately be problematic.

     The dragon slayer slipped into his thoughts. This woman, the florist, had captured his heart faster than he ever knew was possible. Their love was like an enigma. Within seconds, it had sparked. Hopefully, it wouldn't fade as fast as it had come on because he didn't know what he would do with himself if it did.

     He'd already been heartbroken once in his life when Lucy Heartfilia chose her celestial spirit over himself. Never again did he want someone to leave him, like that or otherwise. 

     Natsu buried his thoughts in the back of his brain as his face in his girlfriend's hair. It wasn't the place to think about his past flame; after all, she was now married with a son. He'd moved on, and worrying about his newest lover leaving him would be a bad use of the time they had together.

     "Anyway," he cleared his throat. "Can you show me how you work?"

     "Natsu," she glared. "Don't—"

     "Not what I meant! I meant with the flowers! I wanna see how you do all that flower stuff and make it look cool!" He flushed.

     Izumi sank, and eventually, the girl sat up. "Come on," she gestured, and they got ready for the venture.