nine; alstroemeria

"Shouldn't we have stayed, you know, abstinent until marriage or something?" Izumi stammered as her boyfriend's hot breath lingered in the air. The statement was vague, and initially, she didn't compare it to her little secret.

     She'd just settled into the home a few weeks prior, and the temptation to straddle the dragon slayer's legs whenever she had the opportunity kept getting harder and harder for Izumi to resist.

     "Ah," Natsu reached his arms out of the blankets and wrapped a strong arm around her waist. "What's the fun in that?"

     Izzy resisted the urge to make a joke about sexually transmitted diseases and abstinence; she was probably the only one who would've found it funny, anyway.

     "Good point," she surrendered. Natsu exhaled and buried his face in the crook of her neck. 

     It wasn't a particularly day, she thought to herself, but the florist could easily change it up just by saying what was on her mind; after all, it wasn't something to be taken lightly. If anything, it was momentous. No matter, though. She would reveal it when she felt comfortable.

     "Hey, you okay?" Natsu waved a hand in front of Izzy's eyes and roused her from her thoughts. "Something wrong, snapdragon?"

     Izumi's pale cheeks flushed over in scarlet. "I'm fine," she insisted. "Just thinking."

     "About what? You have to go back to work tomorrow, is that it?" Natsu inquired, the guess intelligent yet very far off.

        "Yeah," she lied. After all, there weren't any repercussions for lying about your thoughts, were there?

     "Well," Natsu yawned and sat up, slipped out from under the covers. "I'm gonna take a shower."

     "Take your time," she called after him, and he drifted out to the bathroom.

     For a reason she couldn't point out later, Izumi didn't think of the consequences of letting him go there. Had she just drawn a blank about her secret being hidden there?