seven; camellia

It was late October, far past the time of inexpensive flowers, when Natsu and Izumi sat reclined in the latter's living room chairs. 

     "So," Natsu huffed to break the silence. "Do you think you'd want to move in?"

     Somehow, Izzy was able to conceal the fact that she'd choked on her juice. However, she couldn't hide the flush creeping over her cheeks like ground phlox wildflowers. "Really?"

     "Is that an excited 'really,' or an 'are-you-shitting-me' really?" Natsu asked, leaned forward in his seat. The dragon slayer rested his elbows on his knees and ran a hand through his hair, almost in a sensitive manner. 

     Instinctively, she bit her lip to avoid crying like an infant, and she pulled Natsu into a tight hug. "Of course!" She exclaimed. "Of course, I'll move in with you!"

     Natsu choked and peeled her pale arms off of his torso. "I'm taking that as you're happy," he didn't suppress a grin as he said it, "But don't cut off my circulation."

     Izumi flushed over and pressed a sloppy, shameless kiss to her boyfriend's cheek. "I love you!" She chirped. 

     The mage smiled as she sank into his chest. The idea had been on his mind for a while, and the fact that she'd agreed so easy made his little dragon heart sing. He was one step closer to closing the gap; the gap he never got to experience with his first love.

     Just as Natsu went to suggest a movie or something else of the sort, he realized Izumi had fallen asleep on his chest. Despite himself, he smiled. 

     "I love you," he whispered, kissed her cheek, and settled into the cushions before he fell into sleep as deep as he was in love.