ten; daisy

"What the hell is this?" Natsu grumbled, which roused his girlfriend from her sleep in their shared bed. 

     The woman, nude as she had been the before the shower, sat up and ran a hand through her disheveled black hair. "What?" She slurred in her signature post-nap voice. 

     Natsu turned on his heels and eyed his girlfriend, held up a stick. It wasn't just any stick, though; it was the pregnancy test that she hadn't realized was still in the pile when he went to shower. 

     "You weren't gonna tell me you're pregnant?" He exclaimed and tossed the test to the side. His tone, which was rather hasty and annoyed, sparked a bit of fear in her heart. The one thing she wanted, more than anything else, was for him to stay calm.

     "I was planning to!" She promised, voice squeaky. "I just hadn't found the right moment yet!"

     For a moment, Natsu's eyes flickered from the pregnancy stick to Izumi, then back again. "That's wasted time!" He bellowed. "Fuck, tell me when you find out next time instead of hiding it!"

     Next time?

     "Does," Izumi gulped nervously. "Does that mean you're not mad?"

     "I'm mad! I'm mad because you didn't tell me!" Natsu bent down next to the mattress and gripped her shoulders. "Tell me next time; how long have you known, Izzy?"

     "A week?" She estimated.

     "That's a week I'll never get back," he grunted. "Tell me next time."

     "Does that mean—"

     He cut her off. "I'm," he breathed in. "Why would I be mad at you for being pregnant? I love you, and if you and I are having a little mini-us around the house, then I'll love her too. It's my responsibility!"

     "How do you know it's a girl?" Izzy asked without much thought.

     "Father's instinct, we'll call it." Natsu pulled her face down to his, bumped noses and foreheads with his lover. "Don't hide this shit from me again, though."

     "I won't, I promise!" Izzy squeaked. 

     At that, the dragon slayer couldn't help but break into a wide grin. The love of his life was pregnant with his child. Now that the initial anger had passed, he felt like they were in the clear. As long as she told him next time, there wasn't anything that could go wrong, right?

     Natsu pulled Izumi into a passionate kiss at the thought. There wasn't anywhere to go but up at that point.