three; peony

Swiftly, Izumi uprooted her satchel from its spot on the display bench and hastened into the busy street. Fridays tended to be busy for her, but she thought the date was well worth the loss of customers.

     Her eyes scanned the avenue for some time before a certain pink-haired boy slipped through the crowd and grabbed her hand. Izumi squeaked at the contact, but Natsu didn't even bother to acknowledge her. He was on a mission, and a mission to do a quick and fruitful date. The mage decided he needed a girlfriend to fill in the gap in his time, and this cute girl was his chance.

     "Where are we going?" Izumi squeaked.

     "Just the park," Natsu responded. "I hope that's okay with you?"

     It was sentimental, or at least to the florist; after all, she was a bit of a hopeless romantic. "Of course!" She exclaimed, and that's when he dragged her the rest of the way. 

     Once they'd arrived at the clearing, Izumi—or Izzy, as she liked to be called—studied her surroundings. Despite wanting to visit, she'd never taken the time out of her schedule to visit one of the local parks. Leaves on trees fluttered and sent the sound of summer through the evening August wind. It was like music to her ears. 

     "So," Natsu yawned and released her hand. "Tell me about yourself."

      That's what he had to start with? "Well," she said. "I'm a florist, of course, and I love being outside. What about you?"

     "I can do either or. I'm a Fairy Tail wizard, so I spend a lot of time in, er, open places?"

     "Desolate environments?" She suggested.

     Natsu nodded. "Yeah, that," he agreed, and went on to explain the process of how guilds worked; that sparked their conversation, which, to her, lasted only minutes. However, it was dark by the time they had found themselves at the park pavilion. 

     Izzy sat down on the blue wooden step. Natsu plopped down next to her and yawned. "So, that's how I accidentally stole a Mercedes-Benz," he concluded his story.

     The green-eyed individual couldn't resist giggling. "I can't think of any stories of mine that measure up to yours," she sighed.

     "I'm sure there's something!" Natsu motioned towards the nighttime environment. "You said you like nature, earlier. Any hobbies you have outside?"

     Izzy thought about it for a moment. "Well," she pondered aloud. "I do have a garden in my backyard, and I have a dog. His name is Isosceles."

     "Isosceles? What's that mean?"

     "It's a triangle," she chuckled. "His face looked like one, so I named him that."

     Natsu smiled at the story, which his partner found rather embarrassing, and leaned against the next highest step. "You're really interesting, actually. A lot more than what I expected."

     "I'll take that as a compliment?"

     "It was intended as one," he laughed. "I promise."

     Izzy leaned back and linked her fingers together as the studied the night sky. 

     "So," Natsu wondered aloud and hesitantly grabbed her hand as he sat up; was he leaving, she wondered?

     "Can I see you again soon?"