eight; snapdragon

"This is the last box," Natsu announced the following Sunday, even though the only person who heard him was aware of the fact before him saying so. "Why do you have so many books?"

     Izumi averted her eyes. "They're biology notes," she muttered under her breath. "I took them from the internet because I can't afford college." 

     Natsu frowned and popped the box open, pulled out a stack of notebooks and folders. "Oh."

     Izzy nodded and took half of the stack from her boyfriend before slipping them on his bookshelves, which besides her own that she'd just set there, was only cluttered with knickknacks and other such things.

     "Why don't you read once in a while?" She asked and adjusted some folders. "It's really beneficial. I have some flower catalogs that you might like!"

     Natsu snickered. "Really?"

     The girl faltered. "Nevermind, then," she stammered once the unrealisticness of the situation dawned on her. 

     "Yeah," he laughed and wrapped his arms around her waist, buried his chin in the crook of her neck. "I'd rather not read your nerdy books."

     "They're not nerdy!" Izzy protested.

     Natsu eyed her.

     "Fine," she surrendered. "Maybe a little."

     "Yep," he adjusted his mouth as he spoke, kissed her neck. "Nerd."

     Izumi flushed over and didn't respond; instead, she only let him do as he pleased.

     "Welcome home, snapdragon," Natsu smiled and kissed her temple, adjusted his hands. The woman had to resist melting in his arms at the nickname.

     "Thanks," Izzy stammered. "I'm glad to be here."