Just What I Needed (65)

“It still hurts.”

“I think it’s supposed to.”

Scrunching up her nose, Keely shook out her wrist as they walked down the road. “But it hurts,” she complained, not caring about the fact she sounded like a whining child.

In a comforting movement Seth swung his arm around her shoulders, pulling her in close against his side even as they continued down the road, gaining odd looks from the people littered across it.

Instantly her heart got caught in her throat. Powerless to stop the urge, Keely just turned her face into his side, breathing deeply in. He smelt intoxicating and she just winced at the thought, but didn’t pull away yet, not so secretly being pressed tightly against him though she couldn’t help but wonder if anyone else noticed he smelt good or she was just being irrational.

However the instant his arm shifted slightly around her shoulder, she tugged away, keeping a rather close yet safe distance between them.

Hoping desperately that he hadn’t thought she’d been clinging onto him, she hurriedly busied herself, pulling her hair over her shoulder. Ignoring the constant nagging pain on the sensitive part of her wrist, she began to braid her ginger hair loosely over her shoulder, leaving her bangs shaggily over her forehead.

“I held your hand the whole time and bought you ice cream afterwards,” Seth pointed out, making her eyes snake over to him, looking casually handsome with the dark sunglasses covering his eyes. “What else am I supposed to do?”

“Aren’t you supposed to be multitalented?” she retorted.

“Oh, you have no idea.”

At the cocky tone she glanced back in his direction, finding an amused smirk stretched attractively across his lips. For a moment she found her eyes falling to his lips, remembering clearly that they’d been soft when they’d pressed against hers.

Shaking her head lightly, Keely looked determinedly in front of her, forcing the thought from her mind. “Then why don’t you use one of them to distract me,” she threw back distractedly, not thinking about the words that slipped off her tongue.

Before her thoughts could waver, Seth quickly gripped her waist, announcing, “Well, if you say so.”

A surprised laugh sprang from her mouth even as he pulled her back against his chest. Elbowing him lightly in the chest so his hands dropped from her waist, because, after all, it was very distracting with the warmth from his large hands spreading through the plaid shirt she was wearing over top of the Muse v-neck she had on.

“Oh, you only wish,” she grinned, stepping forward as she glanced over her shoulder.

With that charmingly cheeky smile on his face Seth answered casually, “Every day.”

Instantly her head swung back around, cricking her neck. Wincing she raised her hand, rubbing her neck as she stepped about the corner. However before she could question him about his words, a blast of noise rounded on her from her new position on the other side of the corner building, causing her to swing her head around again.

“Oh my god,” she said in awe, shrinking back around the corner until she only had her hands on the brick and was peeking about it.

From behind her Seth stepped forward, peering over her head to see what she was looking at. “What are you – oh.”

Unable to help her reaction, she felt her nose crinkle in confusion as she stared at the pulsating crowd charging the gates that held open a pathway to the open hall was. The screaming was deafening if she dared to poke her head out even a little bit further, people were jumping up and own with signs in their hands and Keely was sure that she saw more than a few tears.