Just What I Needed (57)

“I’m not having anymore,” Keely announced, sending a sharp look at Colton.

“What?” he reacted as she may have expected, wearing a stricken look. But he still tried to find her cup to pour in more rum, no eggnog anymore, giggling at him Keely kicked her empty plastic cup off the coffee table. “C’mon,” he complained, “You had like two shots three hours ago, you could drive or something.”

This time her look was confused as she leaned back into the fabric couch. “That’s the point; I need to drive back to hotel eventually.”

“No, no you don’t,” protested Colton.

“Yes, yes, I do,” she replied firmly, sinking back into the couch, farther away from Seth.

“Actually, you don’t.”

At the sound of Seth’s voice that had become rough after the long show, Keely felt a shiver run up her spine as she spun her head around so quickly her neck cricked.

Wincing she watched as he smirked at her, making her eyes drop to his lips. Really, they looked much too tempting, on that perfect border of being thin and full to make them all the more inviting.

Feeling herself blanch at the thoughts running through her mind, Keely dragged her eyes up to his, the gold shining amused as he continued to look at her evenly. His smirk broadening even further he ran an absent hand through his hair, the locks standing up on end before slinging his arm over the back of the couch.

This time she resisted the urge to shiver, clenching her jaw tightly when she realized how very close she’d gotten when she’d been trying to get away from Colton. Their sides were almost touching on the couch, the arm he had over the back was brushing her tangled hair. And Keely could almost feel the parts of their bodies that were so close coming alive with electricity.

When he quirked his eyebrows at her stare, bringing his cup to his lips casually with his other hand, she finally dragged herself from the daze.

“What do you mean I don’t?” she questioned, grimacing when her voice came out slightly breathless. However the hoarseness that she’d gained from the show hid it fairly well. She didn’t know why her voice was rougher than Seth’s though. It seemed to be a curse; her voice would be coarse and croaky after just single shows while Seth’s always stayed the same with maybe a hint of hoarseness along the edges. She could only guess it was from the fact he’d had his voice trained for touring long before she’d ever even let someone listen to her music.

Still his eyes didn’t leave her face as he drained the cup. “What I meant was exactly what I said; you don’t have to go back to the hotel.”

Trying to not act like an obsessed fool around him, Keely attempted to look calm as she leaned back into the comfortable cushion of the couch even though her body was tight as wire at the proximity. “And where am I supposed to go?”

“You can stay here.”

She arched one eyebrow at him, retorting, “And sleep on the couch? No thank you, I’ve been sleeping in those bunks on the bus long enough, I think I’ll opt for a bed.”

His expression becoming cocky, Seth replied, “You’re welcome to share my bed.”

Resisting the very strong urge to roll her eyes, Keely elbowed him lightly in the stomach, simply saying, “Pig.”

He smirked, switching his empty cup from hand to hand so he could pass it to Colton over her shoulder for a refill. “Seriously, though, it’s snowing like mad out there, you shouldn’t be driving in it. There’s even a choice of guest rooms.”