The Wedding pt. 1

Setting: You are reuniting with Nate at a bar.

"Nate!" You shouted, as soon as you saw your brother's face through the glass door. You ran over and hugged him tightly, as if you would never hug him again.

"Hey, I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." You sat down together. "What's new?"

"Not too much. Just usual Gossip Girl drama."

"Five minutes after I got home, she already knew I was back. She's got eyes everywhere. Is there anything happening that I should know about?"

"Oh, well there's this wedding coming up. I don't exactly remember either the bride or the groom, but dad said they're family friends," Nate said.

"Is it too late to RSVP?"

"Yeah, but don't worry. I know you love weddings, so  I did it for you. I said you'd go and I added a plus one just in case." You smiled at him.

"I'm so happy to have a brother who knows me so well."

"You are planning on going, right?"

"Of course."

*Flash forward to the wedding reception*

Outfit:

The reception was packed

The reception was packed. You could barely see a thing. You decided that you couldn't find anyone to take as your plus one, so whoops. But you kept looking around and seeing the same person. His slicked back dark brown hair, beautiful blue eyes, and smile like the devil. You just kept finding your eyes on him without noticing. You were so distracted, when Serena came up to you, you jumped.

"Seen anyone particularly eye grabbing?" She smiled that playful and suggestive smile.

"Not yet," you replied, lying to both her and yourself.

"Let me know if you see someone." You looked over and the mystery man was talking to Chuck. Neither of them seemed happy to see the other.

*Carter's POV*

I was talking to Chuck.

"Baizen, it's been a while." I could sense the sarcasm in his voice.

"Look, Bass. I know what I did to Nate's family was wrong, but I payed them back for everything. And as for Serena—"

"You know that Nate has a little sister? She just moved back to the city, and I hear she is single as ever. She also can't seem to take her eyes off you."

I looked around the area. Nobody was staring at me, or at least I thought. I saw someone with Serena. She had glowing blonde hair, like Serena's, yet somehow more perfect. She was shyly looking over at me, and blushed as soon as we made eye contact.

"The hot blonde over there with Serena?" Chuck nodded, and I walked over to her.

*Back to the narrator*

Oh, god. Great, he's walking over. He looked at you and now he is walking towards you, probably about to tell you to stop creepily staring at him.

"Carter— what are you doing here?"

"Serena, relax. I was invited. Besides, I'm not even here for you. I'm here to meet your little friend here." You were completely shocked at his words.

"Me?" He winked. Winked! At you! Of all people, he wanted to meet you. Boy, did you feel special. You looked over at Serena, who looked quite uncomfortable.

"I'm going to see if I can find my brother." She darted away.

"So, you must be Carter Baizen. I've heard a lot about you." You were quite confident today. It felt like a good day.

"A lot, huh? Good or bad?"

"What makes you think that something bad can't be good?" You gave him the same smile that Chuck had given you when you first got back. He seemed like he was trying to make a move on you. "What about your date?"

"Who, Nadia?" He gestured towards his +1, who had been flirting with some other guy. "Trust me, she's nothing."

"I bet." Your sarcasm was beginning to get to him.

"Do you want to go get something to drink? I hear the bartender is fantastic." He was trying to get your mind off of his date.

"I could use a drink, thanks. I've had a bit of a rough week." Your now ex boyfriend, Ben, and you had been fighting all week, after he was being unreasonable.

"Do tell." He looked you up and down and smiled. Did he really just check me out? That thought just couldn't leave your mind. He ordered you both some wine.

"It's a long story." You took a sip of your wine. He then took your glass out of your hand and put it on a table nearby.

"We've got time." He winked again. Again?? Goodness, was he charming. He held out his hand to you. "Do you mind?"

No, you told yourself. This is Carter Baizen. He's no good. You know that. But somehow, your heart just went for it.

"Not at all." Damn, Nate will be furious. His right hand was then on your waist, his left, in your hand.

"So, what's with this rough week?"

"Just a bad breakup, that's all."

"Wish I could help." He gave you a flat smile.

"You are."

"Glad to hear it. Now, what was this guy like?" He seemed to get slightly more jealous of Ben, even though he knew nothing about him.

"He was just clingy. He seemed really into me, but way too into me. On our first date, all of these girls were flirting with him, and a while later, I found out he had paid them to make me jealous."

"You thought you deserved this guy?"

"I didn't realize his flaws until he dumped me." Carter laughed at your words.

"Hold on, he broke up with you?"

"He told me he wanted someone new, and he tried to move on and days later he came crawling back. I just told him no."

"Well good. You deserve so much better. Someone like..." He hesitated.

"You?" You lifted an eyebrow.

"Your words, not mine." He laughed at his own words. "You look absolutely stunning, by the way. And not just in that dress and heels."

"You're not so bad yourself, Baizen." You brought yourself closer to him.

"Forgive me for this, but I feel like I could kiss you right now."

"What's stopping you?"

"I can't kiss an Archibald."

"Oh yeah? Try me." You pushed your lips against his. Everything that you were told was wrong was happening. And it didn't feel wrong at all.