Back on Track pt 1

*8 MONTHS LATER*

Song: Happier - Ed Sheeran

Remember 8 months ago, when Carter Baizen hooked up with Georgina Sparks? Well, there's a story behind it. Sadly, I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I'll find out soon enough. Valentine's day is right around the corner. We all know that every Valentine's day, someone ends up in a new relationship, and someone gets heartbroken.

You were attending one of Chuck's parties. But this one wasn't a crowded and booze filled club-type party like most of his. Blair was helping him host a dinner event with a bunch of powerful businessmen. Of course he invited you, as you had known him since you were kids. He had invited the usual people, Nate, Blair, Serena, and if you're going to invite Serena, you know that Dan is coming. 

It was the day of the party. 

Outfit:

You were inside Chuck's penthouse helping him get ready

You were inside Chuck's penthouse helping him get ready. Blair was there too, of course. 

"Hey Amber, I know it was a while ago, but do you remember all that happened with you and Carter? I never really got the details."

"After that time I met up with him, we hung out a bit in the Hamptons. We met up on the beach, and that night I kind of lost my virginity to him."

"To Carter Baizen? Do you realize how mad Nate would be if he knew?"

"That's why I didn't tell him. But, the next morning I regretted it. I just left. Then Georgina came along, and she kind of blackmailed me."

"With what?"

"She recorded a video of him and I that night," you said, looking to the ground.

"So her whole relationship with Carter is because of a blackmail?" You nodded. "You know, if you want to get back with him..."

"As much as I would want to, I'm still kind of in shock from that night. I was so stupid." You put your face in your hand.

The party was about to get started. A few of the businessmen had arrived, along with Nate, Serena and Dan. You were still talking to Chuck about halfway through the party when you saw someone else enter. Your heart stood still. It seemed as though it had stopped beating. The one guy who had fixed your broken heart and then broke it. The guy who you lost your innocence to. He was standing right there, and with Georgina. His hand gripped her waist the way it had gripped yours months ago. She kissed his cheek the way you used to. And he was smiling. It crushed you. Chuck looked over to you.

"You know, if you don't want him here, he doesn't have to be."

"No, it's ok. I'm... I'm done with him." Someone else familiar entered. You smiled a somewhat fake smile and walked over to him.

"Hey, baby," You said and gently kissed him. "I didn't think you were coming."

"I couldn't miss a chance to see you." Caleb was your boyfriend of 3 months now. He was sweet, but he wasn't as committed as you would have liked. "How's the party so far?"

"It's alright." He saw the deflated expression on your face.

"What's wrong?" You looked to the side at Carter.

"Oh, it's nothing."

"Amber, I know when something's on your mind. What is it?"

"It's really nothing. I should go fix my hair." You walked off into a dining room, and looked into the mirror hanging on the wall. You started to fix your hair, when a familiar figure showed up in the reflection.

"You avoiding me again?" You stood still and stared at Carter through the mirror. "I missed you."

"Carter

"Carter..." He walked right up behind you. You felt him breathe on your neck. "You have... Georgina."

"You remember what she did, right? You think I actually like her after she blackmailed both of us? That's the only reason I'm with her." His hand was about to gently grip your waist.

"You seemed happy." You turned around. He was closer to you than you thought. You were so close to kissing him. You really wanted to. And you were close enough to do so, but something kept you from doing it.

"What about your boyfriend?" He swallowed, obviously nervous to be talking to you, especially about your boyfriend.

"His name's Caleb. He's alright."

"Just alright?"

"He doesn't take me to midnight movie premieres." He took your hand in his.

"He doesn't give me that feeling of thrill and risk whenever we hang out." His hand gripped yours tighter.

"He doesn't call me beautiful every time I see him." At that, you were weak. His hand (the hand on your waist) gripped it tightly as you leaned in and kissed him. You missed him. As much hell as you and him went through, all of that disappeared for a moment.

 "I'm sorry. I see the way you look at Caleb. You obviously love him."

"Carter, you don't get it. I'm with Caleb, sure. But I don't love him. I love you."

"Still?"

"I never stopped." You were close enough to kiss again. He gently did so. "But, this really can't happen again. You and I both know that." You knew that what you were saying would hurt both of you, but it did have to be said.

Sometimes it's important to get closure after a break up. Maybe Amber and Carter got a bit more. At least that's what I heard. Someone spotted them talking at Chuck's most recent party. What could this mean? We'll have to see.

XOXO 💋

(A/N: If you guys want me to take requests, I can but I mostly just do the characters I know best, other than Bucky. Nothing against Bucky, I love him dearly, but I like to recognize Sebastian's less famous characters. Characters I know: Carter, Leo, Chase, Josh, Lance)