Lovers vs Brothers pt 2

Author's Note: Sorry but this one is a bit short. I just want to stick with the theme of the Lovers vs Brothers segment, so this is kind of just wrapping it up.

You broke off the kiss. He smiled at you, but not the cunning smile you were used to seeing. It was a happy smile. As if he was so darkened by the world he lives in and you opened him up and he saw the light at the end of the tunnel right in your eyes.

"Carter—" You turned around and Nate was standing there. He gave Carter an angry glance. "I told you to back off my sister."

You made a confused face. "Woah, you what? Carter— you had contact with Nate before me?"

"I just ran into him at a bar." Carter seemed quite apologetic. "I would have made plans with you if I could have."

"Carter— I don't want to see you talking to my sister. I punched you for a reason. I know you're just trying to get to me. You don't care about her. It's time to stop."

"Nate, please. I like him. I really do. Just for once let me live my own life!"

"I'm looking out for you, Amber."

You seemed to forget that Carter was there. "I can look out for myself. If my relationship with Carter  is a mistake, than I'll learn from it." You looked over at Carter, who seemed bothered by your words. "But for now it's what's best for me." Carter smiled again. "I've been so much happier since the wedding, if you haven't noticed."

"I'm just worried."

"It's my life that I'm living! Just— go back out there before anybody notices." Nate did as you told him. As soon as he was gone, you rushed back up to Carter and pulled him into a tight hug. He kissed your forehead.

"I'm so sorry about him." He chuckled.

"It's not your fault. He's trying to protect you. It's sweet of him."

"Yeah, but it's annoying. You want to go back out there?"

"Yeah, sounds good." He took your hand and kissed it. You went back out, letting go of your hand before you entered the dining room.

"What was that all about?" Blair asked.

"That was Eric. He just wanted to catch up. Sorry for being gone for so long."

"That's alright," your mom said. You and Carter sat down next to each other once again. Carter noticed your left hand dangling under the table and took it in his. You looked up at him and he was smiling at the ground, a little blush in his cheeks. 

He leaned in and whispered in your ear. "Can we make plans for tomorrow?" You couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah, I think we could make that happen." You looked over and see Nate, looking as though he may explode in anger. But he couldn't say anything. You and Carter were in your own little world, and all Nate could do was watch.

Oh, poor N. Maybe what you thought was stopping Carter Baizen made his relationship with Amber stronger.  If only your sister knew.

*After the brunch*

You say goodbye to Serena, Chuck, Blair, and the parents that were there.

"Hey, I should get going."

"You can stay for a bit if you want," you said, clutching his hand. He smiled at you, and then looked up and saw Nate behind you, glaring at him the way he always did.

 He smiled at you, and then looked up and saw Nate behind you, glaring at him the way he always did

Carter kept Nate in mind. "I think I should just get a cab."

"Okay." You were sad he was going, but happy you were with him now. You gave him a peck on the lips and he grabbed his jacket.

"I'll call you. For real this time." You smiled and he stepped into the elevator.

We all know that for every relationship that blossoms, there is one that burns to the ground. But like a phoenix, maybe a new flame will rise up again from the ashes. Stay wild, New York.

XOXO 💋