The Blackmailed Breakup

Song: 

"What do you want in exchange for your silence?" You didn't want your family finding out about your relationship with Carter, especially after you had basically just ended it.

"Simple. I want to date Carter."

"What? You were just jealous?"

"I wouldn't say jealous. I would say I'm in need. Who do you think Carter's family would rather have him be with?" She crossed her arms.

"If they knew enough about you I'm sure they'd say me."

"Don't be ridiculous." You were furious.

"Excuse me? Who the hell do you think you are, just coming up to my front door and threatening me?"

"So you want it leaked?" 

"No... You know what? I'm done with Carter anyways. Go ahead." As soon as those words left your tongue, you regretted saying them.

What's said is said. There's no way getting around that. My advice? Think before you speak next time.

"Fine. I'll go knocking on his door." She walked away, your heart breaking a little bit more after ever step she took.

*Time skip* 

It was still summer, but you had gone home from the Hamptons. Your phone rang. As much as you didn't want to talk to Carter, you had no idea what happened with Georgina. You picked up.

"Hey." You missed the sound of his voice.

"Hi."

"I didn't think you'd pick up. Thank goodness you did." You smiled. "Anyways, I just want you to know that someone came to my house. I think her name was Georgina?" 

"Mm-hm?"

"She was kind of trying to... seduce me." You stood there in silence.

"What'd you do?"

"Well I couldn't just forget about you. I told her no."

"Damn it, Carter! Why'd you do that?"

"You want me to say yes?"

"She... Yeah kind of..."

"Why?"

"She... Nothing. If she comes back, just do it."

"Amber, this isn't like you. Does she know something?"

"Kind of... She knows about us."

"What, is she jealous?"

"She has a video of that night."

"Is she blackmailing you?"

"She wants to be with you."

"I'm not just going to be somebody's arm candy for a video. We have to do something."

"What is there to do? Look. For our own good, maybe you should just go for it."

"I can't." A tear started rolling down your cheek.

"I have to end this. I need my future protected. For my family's sake. My cousin is a politician! I could be caught littering and get in trouble with his people." He bit his lip, his eyes tearing up. "Just... It's for my and your own good."

"Okay. I'll try." He hung up.

You needed to just go somewhere and cry. You ran home, trying to hold back tears. When you got home, your phone rang. It was Serena. You let it ring itself out, not really wanting to talk to anyone. You couldn't believe you told Carter to be with the girl who was blackmailing you. But that video could not be released under any circumstances. 

I'm always talking about Amber's wrong decisions. Listening to Georgina, aka the devil's child, was probably the worst of all. Too bad Amber isn't a Waldorf or a Bass. Revenge runs in their blood.

XOXO 💋

A/N: Sorry you guys, this one is a bit short. I promise you'll like the next one! Love you guys <3