Lovers vs Brothers pt 1

Author's Note: If you hadn't noticed, italics means that it's either emphasis on a word, or Gossip Girl talking.

Hey there, Upper East Siders, Gossip Girl here. After that perfect storm between Carter, Nate and Amber, there hasn't been too much going on in little A's life. But with someone on the Upper East Side having a quiet week, you know a rough week is coming.

Carter hadn't called you since the wedding. You had tried to call him once, after building up a lot of confidence in yourself, but only to be let down.

You soon found out that your Anne Archibald, your mother, knew Carter, and she didn't think he was bad at all. As for your father and brother, that was a different story. You knew it was a risk even wanting to be with Carter, but there was something about the way he looked at you; Some kind of look in his eyes that just got to you.

One day you had just gotten home from hanging out with Serena. You came home to a rather busy house.

Outfit:

"Mom, what the hell is going on here?"

"Oh honey, glad to see you're back. Did I not tell you? We're having a few guests over for brunch. I just hope that Nathaniel can get along with that Carter Baizen."

"Carter? Is he coming?"

"I've invited a few of your friends over. I could've sworn I told you."

"Well, I'm only just finding out now," you snapped at her.

"Can you guys be civil for once?" Your father came up from behind you, his words making you jump.

"Dad!" You still hadn't seen him since you got back. He was away for a business conference. You hugged him.

"How's my little A doing?"

"Better now that I'm back." He kissed the top of your head.

You heard the doorbell ring, hoping it was Carter. As much as you wanted to see him, you also wanted to avoid him, after him avoiding you. Not sure whether it was on purpose or not, you were hoping to get an answer. After all, he did say he would show up. And Carter Baizen isn't one to break a promise like that— at least when it involved you.

"Anne, thank you for inviting me. It really means a lot." When you heard his voice, you sighed, not exactly sure how to feel. You put your hand on your head in a facepalm, closing your eyes. "Is Amber around?" Your eyes shot open at the sound of your name.

"She's right in the dining room. I didn't realize you had met her."

"She's good company." You couldn't help but smile. You heard his footsteps getting closer to you.

He looked at you and smiled. "Amber— You look... incredible."

"Why didn't you call?" All you wanted was a real explanation

"I'm sorry. I meant to, I was busy."

"Doing what? Finding other girls to replace me with?"

"You seem to have changed. I thought you trusted me."

"I thought I did too." You did not look pleased.

Is baby A finally getting back to her senses? I hope so.

Your mother came in the room. "Amber dear, we'll be starting soon."

"I should go change then."

Just as you were about to leave the room, he spoke. "You still look amazing. That won't change no matter what you say." Still faced away from him, you smiled.

You changed into this: 

You got a glimpse of who was there

You got a glimpse of who was there. It was the usual people. Serena, Blair, Chuck, Nate and a few of their parents. You went back out, and everyone stared. You blushed and quietly sat down, the only empty seat next to who else, but Carter.

"Aren't you going to talk to me? Or are you continuing to avoid me the way you have for the past two weeks."

"I just— I have no idea how to say this. I... I don't know how to talk to you." 

"You talked to me just fine the other day."

Your phone rang. It was Eric Van der Woodsen. You quickly rushed into the kitchen and answered.

"Eric, hey! It's been a while!"

"Yeah, it has. Look, I know that you've been getting a lot of warnings and hate about Carter, but I just want you to think about it." You wanted to hang up, but you could never do that to Eric. He was too sweet and was always a dear friend. "Nate is your older brother. Anything involving your older brother's rival and you—"

"Eric, I know what you're saying. Carter has had a bad past. But I honestly just need someone."

"Alright, I'll get out of your hair. But we need to catch up soon."

"Okay, just call me whenever. Bye." You hang up the phone. You turn around and see Carter in the kitchen. "How long were you standing there?"

"Enough to know that you really trust me."

"Carter— I don't know anymore."

"So, you don't?"

"People that I've known and trusted all my life have been warning me about you."

"Maybe I've changed."

"How am I supposed to believe that I'm not just another one of your ways to get to Nate? You already used Serena. Not to mention the number of other girls you've been with."

"I've been with other girls, but that's all been different. You're really something to me." The thought of that made you blush. "I usually don't get past the first time seeing a girl. But with you I want to. I really do." You tried to hide your smile, but you felt as though your face would explode if you kept hiding it. "There's that gorgeous smile. Nice to see that the old Amber is back."

You sat up on the kitchen counter. He walked over to where you were. Immediately, you grabbed his neck tie and pulled him in to a tight kiss. He gripped onto your waist.

Spotted: Amber  Archibald and Carter Baizen locking lips not-so-secretly at her family's brunch. You may have thrown away the key to this romance, but it looks like someone found it.

XOXO 💋