The Wedding pt. 2

As soon as you broke off the kiss, you saw Nate stormed on over towards you two.

"First you try and get to my girlfriend, and now it's my sister? Damn it, Carter. Where does it end?"

"I don't know what you're—" before Carter could even finish his sentence, Nate had punched him, and he was on the floor.

You dragged Carter into an empty room. You couldn't find anything cold enough to use to help his wound, so you took his drink and rested it against his forehead, where his bruise was. 

"You ok? I'm so sorry he punched you"

"It still hurts a bit, but thanks for sticking with me." You gently kissed him.

"He can be a bit overprotective."

"I can tell." He smiled at you once more.

"Why does he hate you so much?"

"Nate and I have a bit of history of being rivals. It's not your fault that he punched me."

"Nobody warned me about how charming you were." You kissed him again.

"I... I have always had a bit of a gambling problem. I owed someone a lot of debt, and then I met this girl: Beth. She came from a very rich family, so―"

"―you thought you could use her to pay off the rest of your debt."

"Exactly. But that was my stupid 20 year old self. I know better now."

"I know."

"I ended up leaving her at the altar, and her family and mine have hated each other ever since."

"Wow. I know I really shouldn't trust you after that, but the fact that you were so open makes me want to."

"So, Serena and I dated for a while. Then we broke up because she thought I was being creepy, and she started dating Nate. All the while, I was helping her find her dad. We were about to leave when she realized that I knew where he was all along, I just wasn't telling her so that we would have something to bond over." His honesty really got to you.

"Why are you being so honest?"

"I don't want any lies to come between us, so I thought I might as well tell you anything that could be used against me." His words just made you love him even more.

"I really don't know what to say."

"Then don't say anything," he said kissing your forehead. "Why doesn't any of this bother you?"

"Because it was never really a secret kept from me. You just told me without hesitating."

"I don't want any secrets.Secrets lead to trust issues, and you just told me you trusted me. So, why keep secrets if all I need is your trust?" All you could do was stare at him in amazement as this one guy who everyone forbid you from ever even looking at, told you every dark bit of his life that someone could use against you. "Oh yeah, I also had a fling with Blair once too, but that was a one time thing."

"So, you dated Serena?"

"For a while. I thought she was perfect. Then I realized didn't have everything," he said, looking you up and down. All you could do was smile. You looked around the room.

"I think people are starting to leave. I should get going."

"I can give you a ride if you want."

"I really don't live that far away, and the walk is so beautiful. You can come with me if you want." You walk and walk until you reach your building.

"I guess this is where I leave you."

"Carter, look. I've been told some pretty bad things about you. And everything I've heard was from someone I trust." He sighed. "Just... Promise me this won't be the last time I see you."

"It won't." He gave you a smile.

You gently kissed him one more time before entering your building

"I'll call you," he said.

Your phone rang.

"Hello?"

"I hear you're back." Serena's sweet voice made you sigh in relief.

"Yeah."

"How was Miami?"

"Exhausting."

"Well, I want to see you again! Lets catch up!"

*You meet up with Serena at a coffee place. You hug her.*

"I know that everyone knew you were leaving, but did you even tell anyone why you left?" Serena took a bite of her croissant before she finished her sentence.

"Not really. Only my family really knows. Just to clear it up, it wasn't because of anyone. I just needed a new place."

"So, I heard all about you and Carter. I'm happy that you like each other, but I just want to warn you. Carter is a bad influence. He really shouldn't be trusted."

"I know. I've been warned by basically everyone on the Upper East Side. And I've lived long enough to learn that when mistakes are made, it's best not to dwell on them but instead use them to help you learn."

Oh, sweet and innocent A, you have so much to learn. Trust isn't something you should just throw around. Maybe it's time to get over the Baizen phase.

You know you love me.

XOXO,

Gossip Girl.