Chapter 1: meet the family

Deema's P.O.V

Hello my name is Deema Sali. I'm 18 years old and I just graduated high school. And also i'm a Muslim. You know like with the head wrap that covers your hair and neck. But I have black long hair but I keep it in a bun to keep it in the head wrap.

Right now I'm with my parents in my living room. they are telling me that we are having guests over so I dressed fancier than usual. I guess these people know my grandfather. but I do t know why they are coming over, or who they are all I know is that they have a boy around my age.

I heard the doorbell so I got up to get it. when I did I saw six people, four girls and two boys. I let them in and they all greeted me with a hug. the mum said that I've grown up since the last time she saw me but I don't remember her or this family. oh well.

We went to the living room where my parents are at. my parents hugged them and they sat down. I sat next to my parents while they were talking to the family.

"Deema these are the Malik's, Patricia, Yaser, Doniya, Waliyha, Saafa, and Zayn." my mom said while pointing to them. they look like really nice people.

I said hi to them and they all got into their own conversation except me. I don't really see why I need to be here. I asked if anyone needed something to drink they all said they want tea. so I got up and went to the kitchen.

I got all the stuff ready when I felt arms around my waist. I jumped and and the person started laughing. I turned around to see the person, when I did it was that zayn kid.

"What do you want" I didn't want that to sound harsh but I have a little temper issue.

But he didn't seem fazed by it at all. "sorry about scaring you it's just your just to hot to not touch. and your about to be mine pretty soon" he said.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked confused

"Didn't your parents tell you, I guess not, well anyway your getting married to me" he stated.

"WHAT! NO WAY I'M MARRYING YOU! I BARELY KNOW YOU!" I yelled at him and getting out of his embrace. I ran to the living room where everyone else is still taking.

"What do you mean by i'm getting married to him" I said.