Chapter 13

That same night me and Derek lay in bed.

"Have you ever thought about the future?" I randomly asked.

"I used to all the time. But I stopped. And. When I met you. I could see myself for the next 70 years." He confessed. I listened to his heart beat. Steady.

"You see the rest of your life with me?" I asked.

"I can see our wedding. Us having kids. Our grandkids. And then making fun of eachother when we are eating chocolate pudding." He said. Truthfully.

"You see Derek. Us getting married. Is a two way thing. All I have to do it say yes to a question that you are supposed to ask." I said.

"Soon. Coming soon." He whispered. Thinking I didn't pay attention.

Derek's POV.

I'm not gonna lie. I have the ring. But with the alphas. It's not the best time. But then again it's beacon hills. But. Still. Not yet.

The next day.

I'm sitting on the couch reading a book while cadence is doing her online work. Isaac is pacing around being all nervous.

"Is the one who has to do it?" Isaac suddenly asked.

"It would be more dangerous if I do it myself." I said.

"Scott doesn't trust him. And I trust Scott." He replied.

"Do you trust me?" I asked.

"I don't like him." Isaac said.

"No one likes him." I responded. Then the door slides open.

"Boys." He looks over at cadence who is giving him a look."and girl. Yes. Coming back from the dead has left me somewhat impaired. My hearing still works. So don't mind saying whatever you have to say. To my face." He finishes.

"We don't like you." I tell him.

"Now shut up and help them." Cadence steps in.

Cadences POV

I got a text from Scott to meet him at the school. So I get up and let them keep doing what they're doing. I'm half way there and Scott texts again saying bring Derek. So I call him.

"Hello?" He answers gruffly.

"Hey. So Scott wants you there too. Do you want me to swing back by and pick you up?" I asked.

"Yeah. I guess." He says. I hang up. And make a u-turn.

Once I pick him up. We head back.

"Do you know what this is about?" He asks.

"No. All Scott said was to meet him at the school." I said.

"You know. I think the last time Scott asked me to come to the school, the alpha nearly killed me." Derek said. I just laughed.

Once we got there, we sensed them into an empty classroom. This is the first time I came face to dad with Allison since the Kanima.

I shook the thought when Scott held up hers and Lydia's arms to show bruises. He then stuck the wrists together to show that they were exactly the same.

"And why is this important?" Derek asks. Not very interested.

"They are exactly the same." Scott said.

"I don't see anything." Derek says. Rolling his eyes.

"Paradolia." Lydia sings. Me and Derek both give her a look. "Seeing patterns that aren't there." She explained.