Chapter 17

I got up around 9:30 the next morning. Derek was already up, but was still in his sweats.

"Hey. Before I go talk to Allison and Chris. I'm gonna go on a run. Okay?" I tell him.

"Not without me. I can't have my fiancé in danger with a pack of alphas and a darach going around." I smiled at at his protectiveness. I went upstairs and got on nike shorts and a sports bra with a loose tank top over it. I threw my hair up and put on my free runs. When I went back down stairs, Derek was there with black under armor shorts on and a gray Tshirt with his free runs on.

"Goals." I joke. We leave and go run. We surprisingly don't run through the woods. We actually go down a few neighborhoods.

"We'll be here one day." Derek tells me.

"Woah. Is The Derek Hale domesticating?" I joke.

"Ha. You should've been a comedian." He starts. I huff a laugh. "But. With you. I'd do anything. I'd want a nice home for my family. And a big yard to play and train. And just. Have fun. With my kids and my wife." He finished.

"You're so cute. You know that?" I say.

"No. I'm smokin' hot." He corrects.

"Oh sorry. My mistake." I play along. I smile.

By the time we get back. It's 1:30. We ran 5 miles. Sometimes stopping for a break to figure out where we should run next. I let Derek hop in the shower first while I fixed us lunch. I decided to make us snack wraps. I fried 6 chicken tenders. I cut them up in 4 pieces each to make them smaller. I get out 6 tortillas, lettuce, cheese, ranch, and hot mustard. I wrap everything up and get us both some gatorades.

By the time he comes back down, everything is done and I was just sitting down. I had 2 snack wraps on my plate. He sat down next to me while I started eating. He put 2 on his plate as well.

"This is so good, C." He says and kissing the side of my forehead.

"Thanks babe." We both get one each, finishing them off. I go upstairs and shower to get ready to go over to Chris' apartment. Once I got out I blow dried my hair. I put it in a cute high ponytail. I keep my makeup minimum, concealer and mascara. I decided on skinny jeans and black bobs with a floral,flowy tank top and my black leather jacket.

I walk downstairs and met with Derek sorting through some papers.

"Hey. I'm gonna head out. I'll be back soon." He nods. I walk up to him I turn his face towards me and squish his cheeks in my left hand. "I love you cutie." I say in a baby voice.

"I love you too babe." He tried to speak. I peck his lips, grab my keys, and leave.

On the way there, I'm kind of nervous. I haven't had a real conversation with them in so long. I turn it the radio to calm my nerves.

Moving forward by Colony House came on. I didn't know how much I related to this song at the moment until I started singing the chorus.

I arrive at the apartment complex. I turn off my car and breathe. I didn't know how hard this would be until I actually got here. Allison's car is here so she must have just gotten out of school. I step out of the car and walk inside towards the elevators.

I'm standing right in front of the door. I put my hand up. I stop myself.

I can't.

But I have to.

I can't.

But I need to.

Knock knock