*Prologue

Flashback:

"I'll be back soon, baby girl. Don't worry. Your dad needs my help. I'll be back soon. I promise." Kate said before she left. "You have credit cards. You'll be fine for a while." He said. Then left.

Little did I know, she would break her promise.

3 days ago...

"Hello?" I answered my phone.

"Cadence? Is that you?" The caller asked.

"Mom?" I asked.

"Yeah it's me. Baby, you need to come home." She said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Kate. She's dead." Mom cut to the chase.

"What?" I said through a clenched jaw, choking back the lump in my throat.

"The alpha, the reason Kate came, killed her. Slashed her throat." She said.

"I'm coming home." I said and ended the call. I didn't know what to do so I called the one person I knew to.

"Ahh. Cadence. What a lovely surprise." Gerard's gruff voice answered.

"We're going back to Beacon Hills." I said.

"And why is that?" He asked.

"So you haven't heard?" I asked.

"I have. Your father called." He said.

"Well I'm moving back and I want you to pick me up on your way back." I said.

"Ok. That sounds alright." He said. "I'll see you in 2 days." He said. I hung up with out another word.

I had just arrived to the cemetery with Gerard. We finally got through the crowd of reporters and photographers. But there was an escapee who was not targeted by the police and was taking pictures. Gerard took the camera out of the boys hands.

"Hey! That's mine!" The boy said.

"Looks expensive." I said.

"Yeah. 900 bucks." He said, angrily.

"And how much is this?" Gerard asked with the memory card in his hand. It was quiet for 2 seconds and the memory was in half on the ground. I trailed behind Gerard. I don't think anybody could see me because I was directly behind him. There was a guy in each side of us. We made it to the family I haven't seen in 6 years.

"Christopher." Gerard greeted.

"Gerard." Dad replied. They hugged. Gerard went to greet my mom.

"Cadence." Dad breathed out with a smile.

"Daddy!" I said back. We hugged for forever. We let go.

"Cadence!" Mom said.

"Mom!!" I said with a huge smile. We hugged, but not as long as mine and dads, but still long.

Next is Allison. She was looking down.

"Yeah. I guess the sister I haven't seen in 6 years would want to talk to me. Just ignore me." I teased. Her head shot up when I said sister.

"Cady?!" She asked with wide eyes.

"In the flesh." I laughed out. We hugged for what seemed like hours. We sat down. I looked up and saw red eyes staring right at me.

My blood ran cold.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! I'm starting a new series about An Argent in love with a werewolf. So yeah. I hope you guys liked the prologue!!

I came up with the title by the song of Alex and Sierra's 'Bumper cars' CHECK IT OUT ON YOUTUBE!!!!