Chapter 10

Derek woke me up the next morning, well, afternoon. I looked at my phone.

1:48 pm

"How'd you sleep?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said blankly. I'm numb. All the events of last night came flooding back to me. "How bad does it look down stairs?"

"Well. I'll need new furniture. More paint. But that's all. It's not too bad. Since most of it is stone and stuff. You didn't do as much as you could've if it werent a different building structure." He smiled.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered. I looked down at my palms, which were soon to go blurry due to the tears swelling up in my eyes.

"Hey hey." Derek said, walking towards me. "It isn't your fault. It's mine I wasn't here for you when you needed me. But I'm here right now." He pulled me into him. Silent tears came out for a while. I sometimes shook or took deep breaths. An occasional sob came out.

Derek stood up and took me to the bathroom. He sat me on the sink and started running bath water.

"Do you want to do the rest or do you want help?" He asked. I stayed silent. I didn't care. He took that as I needed help. He put soaps and beads in there. He took of my bed clothes then sat me in the tub. He washed my back, shoulders, legs, arms, and feet. He leaned me back and took a cup of water and poured it on my head. He washed my hair for me.

When the bath was over, he released the water and left. I didn't move. He came back in with clothes. He wrapped a towel around me and picked me up. He sat me on the toilet and dried me off. He started putting clothes on me. First a sports bra and period underwear(the best kind), then he put one of my under armor hoodies on then put me in leggings.

He's a guy so all he did with my hair was put it in a makeshift bun. He carried me into a room that had a futon and 3 recliners in it. With this huge tv. He sat me on the futon and left me. He came back with a lot of pillows and blankets. He sat them down and pulled out two gatorades and a thing of ice cream. He again left and came back In sweats.

"I don't care what is going on today. If the pack needs me or whatever. I don't care. You need me more." He kisses my forehead and got us situated in to a comfortable position. He put a blanket on us. Then handed me the ice cream.

"Thank you.." I whispered.

"Anything for you, sweetheart." He said.

After 4 hours of watching Law and order:SVU, I spoke..

"Where were you last night and what happened?"

He explained how and high schooler, Matt, is the Kanimas master. And that my family was there trying to kill him. And that Gerard killed Matt. I knew that wasn't the whole truth. But I was too bleh to keep pushing.

"I'm sorry..." I apologized for my family.

"Don't be sorry, baby. We are here and together now. What do you want to do?" He asked.

"Just lay here and forget everything." I whispered.

"We can do that." He said while he kissed my head and pulled me closer. I snuggled into him and we started on the next episode.

'Amaro is so hot' i thought.

"Wow. Really?" Derek said. "You think Amaro's hot? What about me." He pouted. I actually giggled. He smiled and kissed my forehead. I quickly doze off into a dreamless sleep.

Derek's POV

I was sitting there admiring Cadence with Law and order: SVU, her favorite playing in the background. That's when my phone buzzed.