Chapter 3

Getting ready is stressful. Tonight is supposed to be colder than last night. Even if it is February.

I decided on skinny jeans, a high school hoodies from senior year, I and converse. No one to look special for...well maybe looking like this, they can.. Cadence, stop. It's me, a hunter. He wouldn't do that. I pushed those thoughts away and I put my hair up in a bun, then put on mascara and eyeliner.

It was 4:00 now, so I left saying I'm touring beacon hills, showing my guns. My parents nodded and of course told me to be careful. Derek wanted me to come to his hideout early, he's training his betas and he wants me to be there. Finally I got to the hideout, having to hide my car just in case.

I started walking downstairs, having to move around one of the betas I guess. I sat a couple stairs down from him and watched. He through the other male beta into a wooden pole/column/keeping the ceiling up sort of. Whatever you want to call it.

"Can you please do something that's not totally predictable?" He asked, frustrated. The female beta jumped up, wrapped her legs around his torso and kissed him.

I wanted to kill her. Something inside of me just snapped and I felt...

Jealous. Why am I jealous? He pushed her off.

"That's the last time you do that." He said. Last time? Was there a first? Wait, why do I care?

"Why? Because I'm a beta?" She asked.

"No. Because I have someone else in mind for you." He said.

"Are we done here? Because I have about a 100 bones that need to heal." Isaac I think his name is. Derek looked sympathetic and crouched infringement of him.

"101." He said, breaking his arm. "You think I'm teaching you how to fight? No. I'm teaching you how to survive!" He said. He went into a car thing that trains have and the betas dispersed. I walked in after Derek.

"Calm down." I told him.

"I am calm." He said.

"No. You aren't." I said. "Calm down." I told him again.

"What if it takes a long time?" He says. His back was facing me. I touched his shoulder. It's like that touch magically made all of his tense muscles relax. He gave a deep breath.

"I'm calm." He said.

"Good." We went back into the room and called the pack back in. Derek explained and for the next few hours we discussed it, until it was time to go and get ready.

Around the time we were supposed to go, Derek told his betas to go already. I don't know how they are getting there but they are.

"We're taking my car." Derek said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Saves gas and Allison or Gerard won't recognize it." I nodded and we left. Once we were there, we went to the pools of the high school. I've never been here. It's not as big as my old high school but it's still kind of big.

Derek texted Erica and told her it's time. He found a basketball and held it. Finally, Erica walked in pulling Stilinski by the ear.

"Stiles." Derek greeted.

"Derek. Nice to see you here." He said. "Who is she?" He asked.

"Allison's sister." I said. He gaped.

"What did you see the other night?" Derek asked.

"A lot of EPA violations." Stiles said. Derek popped the ball in his hands.