Chapter 22

*Lucy POV*

"This week is going to suck so much, I've already bought two ice cream containers just for me for everyday after practice."

"Oh so you plan on getting fat this week too, Alice? A fat ballerina with multiple extra blisters for the performance is no fun. Ms. Olive may actually get you to go on a diet." Scarlet said with sincerity. Her sister sat next to her, both of which were busy on their phones, paying little attention to me who was squished in the seat next to them.

Unfortunately for today, Jade's Aunt Sara couldn't drive her daughters from school to dance class due to a new project she was working on. This meant that the twins had to take a ride with Jade, me and Alice. Alice was fine with this plan because it meant more spending money for her. Jade seemed fine which was way out of character for her and then there was me.  I was stuck next to the pair of them in the back. I was not so happy.

"I don't care if I get fat before the show. Maybe if I do then she will lessen up on the pointe class due to her worry over my stress eating." Alice concluded. Clary gave Alice a look before glancing over my way.

"If she sees any girls gaining weight, she will increase pointe class. Not decrease. She wants skinny girls not girls eating away their feelings."

"Clary has a point. Maybe you could eat carrots and dip it in ranch." Jade suggested. The twins looked up from their phones and glanced at one another quizzically before looking up at Jade who sat in the front seat, happily bobbing to the my chemical romance song, Blood.

Alice payed little attention to Jade's remark and instead turned to me.

"Come on Lucy. You've got to be on my side on this right? Chocolate ice-cream after class tonight?" I gave her a thumbs up.

"Chocolate would be heavenly right about now. Especially during this time of the fucking month.." I mumbled. Right after speaking all the girls in the car gave me looks of understanding except for Jade who giggled to herself, causing me to frown over at her.

"Why the hell are you so happy? Normally lead dancers are stressing like crazy and their hair is falling out." I stated, making the girls all turn toward Jade.

"Oh my God you have not had sex with him already have you?"

"Too far Alice. Too far." Scarlet muttered as we all turned to watch Jade go very red in the face and shake her head repeatedly and almost foam at the mouth.

"You can't-"

"How dare y-"

"Fuck hi-?"

I sighed and reached across the packed car and patted Jade on the shoulder.

"Calm down Jade, she didn't mean it. Just tell us why you are in a good mood?"

Jade's red face slowly returned to her normal off white shade before speaking again, her eyes keeping to the ground as she spoke.

"I've never been a nervous reck before shows. I guess I'm just gifted with not getting stage fright or something." 

"Well you lucky piece of shit. Oh Alice, stop here. Scar and I want to talk to Evan and Jasper before heading in." 

Alice stopped the car right in front of a group of ballet 5 kids and the twins quickly jumped out of the car and walked over to the group. When they left, I casually flung myself across the back seats.

Alice parked the car in her usual space and then unlocked the doors, allowing us to get out. Jade  was the first one out of the car while Alice turned over to me with a knowing look.