Chapter 19

*Jade POV*

"Where the fuck are they going?" Mom questioned, glaring at the door that moments ago was slammed shut by my two idiotic brothers and father. I shrugged.

"Mom I need help-" I paused, noticing that my mother had already returned to the living room, muttering murderous ideas to herself. I sighed, and my eyes welled up with tears again.

"Fuck me."

I turned back into my room and my eyes naturally returned to Satine's empty cage, causing my stomach to do another flip. My bunny was missing and I looked like a complete mess with no clue as to what I should do to fix the mess. I needed help, that was certain and the only person that could really help was Lucy.

I kicked over a few shoe boxes from my floor and knocked over a pile of laundry as I neared my side table where my phone lay. Quickly I dialed her number, now having it on memory, and waited for her voice to appear.

Thankfully, Lucy always had her phone on and unlike most people in this world, she actually answered it when I called.

"What's the matter?" I frowned.

"How did you know I was calling an SOS?" There was a chuckle from the other line.

"You're kidding right? I know you have the date with Todd today and I know you've never dated a guy before. So naturally, you're freaking out about your entire wardrobe correct?" It was almost scary how pin point accurate she was on my particular situation.

"Get your ass over here and help me. I may have also just destroyed my hair with the curlers by the way." Lucy sighed dramatically only making me glare at the wall in response.

"You didn't..."

"Don't get all dramatic with me, Lucifer. I'm the one who has a date in three hours and still looks like a train reck." Lucy actually had the audacity to giggle after my response making me swear internally.

"Listen, Jade I'll be over there soon but don't panic. For all you know Todd digs the trashy goth look."

"Fuck off."

"Love you too."

I ended the call and returned to look at my darkly painted bedroom wall with worry. I sighed, trying to calm myself down and consider the fact that I now had a helper.

Yes, Lucifer; A girl who knows as much about girl's hair as Sam.

I glanced back at my phone considering who else to call when the name came to my mind.

*Fifteen minutes later*

"Moo!" A voice called from the entrance way. The sound of the front door slamming shut echoed afterwards, making me wonder if said noise woke my mother.

A moment later a clashing of books was heard followed by the sound of tiny feet that made my dreaded thought come true.

Lucifer woke Mom.

I rushed down the steps and stopped short at the end to see myself not just facing Lucy but Rosie too as well as...

"Jade, you remember Harper correct?" Rosie asked kindly, smiling up at me from the ground floor. My stomach did another 180 as I looked at my mother's least favorite friend wearing her least favorite color.

"Hi hunny, I hear you are in a need of a makeover. Where should Cici and I set up?" My eyes widened as my front door opened again to reveal my brother's crush in all her glory, Victoria's Secret perfume included.

I held back a cough and started motioning upstairs.

"Just go up hear before mom catches you." I muttered through weak breathes and lack of computing thoughts.