Chapter 4

"I've forgotten how well you can read me." Jade confided as she slammed my brother's bedroom door shut behind her.

Seeing as both of our mothers were going to be busy gossiping about Jade's new found romance, Jade and I decided to escape them and start the task at hand: Clean Daniel's Room.

"I'm guessing you wished I never said shit?" I questioned. Jade glared my way.

"Really? Is it that obvious?" I smiled.

"It's pretty funny to see how they react to the news though. They act like kids to the news." Jade groaned and fell on my brothers messed up bed.

"Yeah. Kids. I won't be surprised if I come down stairs to find them going through wedding magazines or shit like that." Jade replied. The scene of our mothers doing this came to my mind and I couldn't help laughing at the reality of the reality of the situation.

"Well, hopefully they will calm down when we finish this." I said, motioning to the disaster of a room before us. Jade sat up on the bed and looked around before laughing and falling back on her face.

"Good luck on that one Lucifer." Jade replied in a muffled tone.

Realization hit me hard at that moment that there was no way Jade was going to help me now after what I just did to her five minutes ago.

Aiming a pillow at her head, I chucked it at her before getting to work.

*Ben POV*

"What the hell was that?" Eve looked behind her at the mic to find Zac screwing with his bass guitar on the side. He looked up at Eve when she turned with a stupid grin on his face at being caught.

"Sorry E, Zac is being an idiot again." Axel said from my right.

"Oh wow, I thought you messed up Axel." I commented from where I sat. Axel gave me a face.

"Only in your dreams. I never mess up. It's you who messed up." I acted shocked and pointed my own finger at me.

"Really? Me? Wow, I never heard it."

"Wow okay, I was just asking whether or not you guys knew who messed everyone up. You don't have to make fun of me and all." Eve said defensively, now realizing that both Axel and I were joking with one another.

Zac gave both Axel and I  warning looks that said Fix-this so immediately I hit my drum set making everyone jump.

"What the fuck was that for?" Eve called out at me. I grinned.

"Wow you are worked up today. What happened? Boyfriend pissed you off?" Eve smirked.

"Shut up Ben. You're not funny." Judging by how she tried to hold back a grin I knew I was and Axel added on.

"Yeah Ben, you're not funny. Stop making her laugh." Eve turned back around at us and threw her lyric sheets at us, doing little damage to us as usual.

"Okay OKAY! Stop! I get it, you're trying to make me feel better, fine. Love you all, now can we continue. We have a minute left of practice." Eve said, silencing us.

"Actually you have thirty seconds." A very familiar voice said from the sidelines. I looked over to find Sam standing by the counter, cleaning up the station.

Our band practices took place underneath the mechanic shop off of Fleed Street. It was in this building where my brother worked after school and where I practiced with my band after school.