Chapter 36

As Spring Break came to a close, so did April and its many rain showers that plummeted all over Washington State, giving May it's catch phrases of bringing May flowers out of the gloom. With May flowers also comes the incoming performances for the year. Whether it be ballet, Roller Derby, or the School Play, there were all so many things to look forward to if our characters are ready to meet them in stride. Over at the Emerson House, it was easy to say that every girl present there was not willing to go in stride to the incoming performances of the month..

It was a Saturday afternoon, almost a month since the wedding and Cody was very much wishing he could be back there, away from all the drama life had to offer. In this case, the world had placed more than enough drama for the day.

Cody was having a fabulous morning. He had woken up nice and early to drive his youngest daughter to an early rehearsal, and then after doing so, went to the gym and came back home at around 9 am, where he found some nice hot waffles waiting for him on a platter. Beth was awake and had made them for him with strawberries included.

"You spoil me, Beth. Thank you." Beth was happy to oblige as she was hoping to get her father happy before she broke the news to anyone else in the household of what she had planned.

Shortly after he started on his waffles, his lovely wife came out and promptly made some black coffee. It was while she was sipping on her coffee, and Cody was eating his second helping of waffles when Beth decided to announce to her parents that she was offered to take part in an exchange program next year where she would move to Paris for the next two years and she has already written to accept.

"You two will be alright with this, right? It'll give you both plenty of ways to come visit Paris and I'll be home during the major holidays unless you want to come out to Paris for one Christmas sometime.."

"I think that's wonderful-" Cody started but was quickly cut off by his wife who slowly lowered her coffee mug.

"Do you mean to tell me that you signed up to do this before telling us about it? How do you expect me to react about this information, Beth?"

Cody took that as the moment to escape the kitchen. It was also, unknown to Cody the start of one of the worst days in this house. He was quick to scoff down the rest of his waffles before putting his plates in the sink, ready to slink out when his wife screamed at him.

"For the Love of God, Cody. Put your dishes in the dishwasher! If you will not stay to go after Beth then you will at least keep this kitchen clean."

Cody then proceeded to slouch over to the dishwasher where he opened to find it packed with clean dishes.

"But Sara, the dishwasher has not been unloaded yet.."

If looks could kill... Cody would have been way past dead with the look his wife gave him.

"Excuse me, Cody I don't have time to play mother with you. Put the dishes away and help me with Beth or get out of here. But not until you FINISH THE DAMN DISHWASHER.

As if sad violin music played in the background, Cody slowly put all the dishes away and placed his dishes in the dishwasher when all was done. By this time, his wife was in tears, Beth was in tears and they were both screaming at each other causing Scar and Clary to wake up from up above.

Now on saturadays, the twins usually went to roller derby for their games but this time around, they were not invited to play, which Cody soon learned more on as he disappeared into Sara's office to escape the havoc of his wife and eldest daughter.

But of course, the office also happened to be right next door to the stairwell where Scar and Clary walked down from while they were shouting over each other about whose fault it was that got them kicked out of Roller Derby.