Chapter 2

*Lucy POV*

"So are you going to tell me what's been bothering you or will I have to wait for water works?" Jade asked as we walked out of first period English Literature. I was checking my schedule for second period as she asked the question and was just wondering whether or not I had anything due for History when it struck me that she was asking me. I turned to look at her and saw that she had her normal blank stare on her face that only I could see under.

She was concerned.

We started up the stairs one at a time while I started to think up what to say.

"No I'm alright. Just tired I guess." I started. Of course, Jade saw through my bullshit and made a noise making me chuckle.

"Okay fine I'm nervous about the new girl coming in at dance." This made Jade's facial expression change a smidge which for Jade meant she was very surprised.

"You have got to be kidding me. You're scared of the French girl coming in? Think she's going to out rank you?" I shrugged, looking back down at the ground.

"I'm sixteen dude which means I have only two years left until I have to look for a company to dance with. I'm not ready now and if I don't stay on top of the class I won't be ready in two years." I replied. Jade shrugged.

"There's a way to fix your problem." Jade said happily. I gave her a look before laughing, realizing what she meant.

"No Jade I am not killing my opponents." I replied through a laugh.

"Who said you had to kill them? I know many ways of getting rid of people without actually killing them." Jade said innocently as she looked up at me. I reached up and petted her on the head before we turned into our locker hallway.

It was here where we met a buzzed Alice. When she saw us she came racing over to us, her brown hair flying.

"Where were you during homeroom?" She asked the pair of us quickly. Jade opened her mouth but Alice continued.

"Oh never mind. Did you guys hear the news about Alex? Immediately I felt Jade deflate. She hated boy talk."

"No Alice what about Alex?" I felt Jade's eyes burn into me, obviously annoyed that I was asking for more "boy talk".

"He broke up with Dani! And now all the girls are gushing over him again. I even saw Pauline try and talk to him but she failed... miserably. I actually feel a little sad for her. Anyway Jade I thought you should know that Ben is talking to Cici again." I turned to Jade and saw her tightening her jaw.

"When is he going to get it through his thick skull that Cici is way out of his limits and is the princess of Barbie land?" Jade commented. I chuckled.

"I think that's just it, Jade. Ben loves challenges." Alice laughed at this and at Jade's reaction of rolling her eyes.

The next few classes were spent in a slow roll in which Jade sat in the back drawing skulls on all her assignments, Alice sat doing homework from last night's class and I sat trying my best to not fall asleep and not think of the new French ballet dancer coming in.

She was French which obviously meant she was trained in the French style which is different from us right? Yeah of course. She will be behind us and that means I'll be first and that is all I want. I sat during almost all my classes saying this over and over again in my head trying to comfort myself but just like my pencil, hitting the desk a mile a minute, my heart was going just as fast with anticipation.

When Lunch came around I was more than pleased to get my lunch card out and step in the long line. Jade, who knew I would let her cut in front of me, took her sweet time so that by the time she showed up the line had tripled.