Chapter 12

**Lucy POV**

"That looks nice." I commented happily as I watched Jade walk to the mirror with one of her mother's jackets over her shoulder. Jade took one look at her reflection before throwing the coat over her shoulder, across the room, hitting the opposite door.

"Doesn't fit my shape well enough." Jade said in response before turning back to her closet. I sighed and turned to the clock. It was already 9:15pm. The party started 15 minutes ago and Jade still has not finished her costume. At the moment she wore short shorts and her pj's tank top with a pair of Scarlet's black thigh high socks with red waves over the edge and white ribbon at the far end with black combat boots that were still untied.

"Just find one of your normal black dresses. They work well." I informed her but Jade paid me little attention for at the moment she had climbed up her mother's shoe rack were a big trunk stood at the top.

"Jade." I warned, slowly standing up from the bed but it was too late. With a final tug the chest came tumbling down, hitting Jade in the head in the process. Now on my feet I ran quickly to her and saw that she had a bump but no cut, thankfully.

"You idiot! Why not ask for my help?" I asked, lifting the chest off of her. Jade looked into the mirror and smirked to my horror.

"That will work with the costume!" I sighed.

"Jade. Let's not do any more self-inflicting bruises, cuts or bumps for this costume. I happen to know how to do makeup." But Jade was no longer listening to me, but rather trying to open the trunk. When she succeeded, we came across a bunch of folded up clothes in different shades of grey and black.

"This must be her old clothes when she was our age!" Jade said in a less monotone voice. I started to help dig through the clothes until a bit of red caught my eye. I grabbed at it and pull out a folded dress in full white with black outlining at the collar. It was a loose cut baby doll styled dress.

"Would this work Jade?" I asked. Jade took one look at it and then quickly snatched at it and ran to the mirror.

To my relief, she nodded.

"Now I just need to do some of my own corrections. Lucy fetch me the scissors."

"The what?" We both turned toward the bedroom door to find Alice standing there is a bright red dress with surprisingly good comic girl makeup.

"Oh hello there Alice. I am in the middle of fixing up my costume." Jade stated, turning back to the mirror to stare at the dress. I walked over to the desk on the opposite wall and handed her the scissors while Alice looked me up and down.

"Harley Quinn?" I nodded, looking down at my red and black skirt and shirt fitted tightly around me.

"Is everyone down stairs yet?" I asked anxiously. Alice nodded.

"In fact.."

"Where the fuck is Jade?" Aria asked, walking in wearing a hoodie like contraption that made her resemble a bat.

"She's over there." I said, pointing over to Jade who know had the dress on and was in the middle of cutting one of the sleeves.

"Dude you are doing that wrong!" Alice said, rushing over past Aria who was looking Jade up and down confused.

"Whose dress is that? It's cute!"

"Your Aunt's." I said, walking past her. Now Alice had the scissors in her hand and was circling Jade who now stood on top of a chair.

"Someone needs to do your makeup Jade. And your hair for that matter." Alice commented as she snipped one of ends of the dress, making a small cut down the side.