Chapter Nine - Awyren Spencer

I was a nervous wreck and Remy really thought it was hilarious. This morning when I woke up she told me that her parents had asked to meet me and Crosby and that we would be having dinner there. I showered and put on a light bit of make-up. I couldn't decide what I wanted to wear. I wanted to make a good first impression but I didn't want to be fake. I settled on an off the shoulder powder pink sweater and a nice pair of dark wash jeans. I completed the look with a pair of light pink and white Nikes.

   Remy was helping Crosby pick out her outfit when I emerged from my room. I listened as Remy complimented what she had picked out. I peeked into her room and laughed out loud. She had chosen a baby blue long sleeved shirt with a pair of faded jeans and her baby blue Nike Air Force ones. Remy looked at my outfit and whistled low in appreciation. Her eyes darkened and I walked away in a hurry. I knew what that look meant. I packed up an extra set of clothes for Crosby in case she got messy. Remy had also mentioned that her parents had a heated pool.

   Around 3pm we piled into Remy's SUV and headed out of the city. We entered the suburban district and I raised an eyebrow. Remy chuckled as we moved past the suburban district and kept going out of town. Twelve minutes later we turned onto a private drive and went down a dirt road. We came to two huge iron gates and an older man with an AK strapped to his back came out of the guard shack. He smiled when he saw Remy and she smiled back.

“Hello there Miss DonIvan. May I have the names of your guest?”

“Open the gate Jervis. I don't wanna be late or mom's gonna whoop my ass.”

   The man laughed heartily before jogging back and opening the gate. We drove another half mile before we came to the huge estate. Crosby stared in awe and I stared right along with her. I knew Remy had money but I didn't realize it was THIS much money. She parked the car and looked over at me with a smile. Sensing my nervousness she cradled my hand in her own. We had told Crosby about our relationship which she totally approved of. She loved Remy.

“I promise everything is good. Don't be scared. My parents are cool as fuck. My dad is huge though. Like 6’7 huge. But don't let that intimidate you.”

   She hopped from the car and held open my door. As soon as Crosby hit the ground she grabbed up Remy's hand. As we approached the front door and a strikingly beautiful woman appeared with a smile. This was were Remy got her beautiful eyes and light colored skin. She pulled Remy into a hug then offered up her hand introducing herself as Lilith DonIvan. Crosby bounded up to her and introduced herself before asking if she could take a picture. Lilith smiled posing as Crosby snapped away.

   As if she had known her her entire life, Crosby took Remy's mother's offered hand and the promise of cookies. She was gone in the blink of an eye and I followed Remy inside laughing. Her father was my next introduction. He was HUGE. I watched as he ducked slightly to enter the room. He fixed a charming smile on me and I figured out where Remy got her charm from. The man had a mischievous twinkle in his eye as he kissed my hand and winked at Remy. I blushed.

“I hear that you have been keeping Remelia honest. You must be quite a woman Miss Spencer.”

She chuckled. “Thank you Mr. DonIvan. I like to think I'm worth at least a little honesty if nothing else.” She replied tight lipped. He smiled looking at me.

“I see she's taking the reveal well.” He nudged me and chuckled. “Follow me Miss Spencer. I’d like to show you some embarrassing pictures of Remelia.”

“Let me just grab Crosby.”

“Actually, Remelia can you show Miss Spencer to the kids area. Your mother and I will set up some cocktails on the verandah.” Her father stated and walked away.