Chapter Eight - Remelia DonIvan

[⚠⚠WARNING!!⚠⚠ THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEX SCENES. STARTING AT ⚠⚠ AND ENDING WITH ⚠⚠ ]

   As soon as the text from Awyren came in I was on my way to her. I had just said the three words that scared me most. I know it was early and we hadn't been seeing each other that long, but I had always felt something for her. I tried the knob and it was indeed unlocked. I closed the door quietly and locked it behind myself. After kicking of my shoes and hanging up my hoodie I padded barefoot to her room. I knocked on her door and she told me to come in.

   I felt unsure and a little embarrassed. I had just said those three words first. She hadn't said it back. I looked at where she sat in the middle of her bed, legs crossed sitting kindergarten style. She was wearing a pair of men's basketball shorts and a white tee shirt. She looked sexy as fuck. I bit my lip sitting down on the edge of her bed. Neither of us spoke. How in the fuck did you start a conversation like this? What was I supposed to say? I felt her weight shift on the bed and turned to see her getting up. She walked over to me and kneeled down in front of me. I opened my mouth to speak but she crashed her lips up into mine. I moaned pushing my hands into her hair and pulling her closer. She pushed my good shoulder pulling herself away.

“I love you too Remy.” She whispered closing her eyes and leaning her forehead against mine. “It's too fast and too intense but it's true. I fucking fell for you. So whatever happens, we WILL get through it. Together. I'm not just giving my heart to you Remy, I'm giving you my daughter's heart. I'm giving you the okay to get close to her. If you hurt my daughter and break OUR hearts, I WILL kill you. Please believe me when I say it.” She stood up and ran a shaky hand through her hair. “Tell me EVERYTHING Remy. I want to know all of it.”

   For the next four and a half hours I told her everything. I told her about learning about what my father really did, about coming out to my family and about taking over the family business. I saw her eyes flicker with worry. I explained to her what the family did, how it worked. I told her things that I shouldn't have, things that she could use to bring me down. I trusted her though. She asked questions about things she didn't understand and I explained it the best I could. I told her more about my family and tears formed in her eyes. I knew she longed to have family. She had no one.

   Awyren told me who the man was that left her house earlier. He was the son of the woman that had saved her from the streets. He was the only family she had. He often looked after Crosby whenever the downstairs neighbors daughter couldn't. The girl's name was Jessika, she was 16 and absolutely adored Crosby. I smiled at the way Awyren's eyes lit up when she talked about Crosby. She was an amazing mom. I found myself lost in her green eyes as she went on about little things. I took the information in tucking it away for later. She paused in the middle of a sentence and stared at me before speaking again.

“Do your parents know about me?”

“Somewhat. They know I'm seeing someone and That I feel strongly for her. But I kept them from knowing your name.”

“Will I get to meet them?”

“You still wanna be with me?” I asked my face shocked. I thought it was over.

“Yes. I love you Remy. I thought about it and you're worth the risk. “

“They are dying to meet you and Crosby.”

“I'm scared.”

“It doesn't have to be right now. But I do need to speak with you about something.” I replied deciding now would be a good time to bring up Miami. “Next week Papi and I are accompanying my father to Miami. There are some business associates that I’ll be meeting.”