Chapter Seven - Awyren Spencer

Chapter 7 - Awyren Spencer

   As soon as I woke up Remy pulled me closer and snuggled me.ci knew she was awake, she always woke up before me. I looked over but her eyes were closed, a soft smile played at her lips. I smiled rolling my eyes. Her bedside clock read 10:30am. I sat up stretching and felt her fingers graze my back. I swatted her hand away standing up and heading for the kitchen to make coffee. She was crazy if she thought last night was going to happen and I would just forget. You don't just forget seeing the woman you love having a bullet removed so casually by the neighbor. It made me realize that as close and connected as I felt to Remy, I didn't really know shit about her.

“Can you make a full pot?” Remy asked with a groan as she sat down at the table.

“Yeah i had planned to. Are you hungry?” I asked turning to look at her. She looked tired and drained.

“No, not really. Are you ready to talk?”

I was actually shocked that she had brought it up leading me to believe that she had intended to tell me at some point. I sat down beside her. “Yeah. Start talking.”

She chuckled lighting a blunt of some gas. “I don't know what to say or even how to begin this conversation. I'll admit that I hadn't planned to tell you just yet. With this relationship being so new I wanted to give it time. When I'm done, if you choose to walk away I'll understand I swear I will.” She handed me the blunt and I inhaled deeply knowing I was going to need the high.

“I'm listening Remy. You know if never judge you for sinning differently than me. Just keep it real with me Remelia.” I used her full name to show I was serious.

“My father is Andre DonIvan.”

I stared at her blankly, the name not ringing any bells. “Oookay?”

“You seriously don't know who he is? Do you even watch the local news or read the paper?”

“Tell me Remy, when the fuck do I have time to read the damn paper? I have a six year old daughter, I got to college part time and I work at night. I barely have time to eat and sleep let alone read the goddamn newspaper.” I huffed. She was beating around the bush and it started to piss me off.

“My father is the boss of the biggest crime family on the East Coast. We run the largest and most ruthless crime syndicate in this state.”

“Mob boss? Your father is a mob boss?!” I jumped from my seat. What in the fuck was going on?

“Yes. As his only child, I am the heir to his throne. That's what happened last night. Papi got ambushed by a rival family. I had to go protect her. Once I take the throne, Papi becomes my right hand.”

“Have you killed people Remy?”

She bit her lip already answering the question. “Yes i have.”

“Why didn't you tell me? Do you realize the danger you put me and Crosby in? Unbeknownst to me at that!” I slapped her. I didn't know what to do I was so angry.

Her eyes widened in shock. “Awyren, baby I didn't want to tell you BECAUSE of Awyren. I was trying to protect you from all of this.” She stood stepping towards me and I ducked her.

“Don't Remy. Just don't. Protecting me would have been staying the fuck away from me in the first place!” I shouted. “God how could I be so stupid?” I shook my head and grabbed my coat from the living room, Remy followed me with a limp.

“Awyren, please baby. I'm sorry. Just… please Awyren don't leave.” Tears glistened in her eyes as she hit her knees and gripped my hand. I yanked it away.