Chapter One: Remelia DonIvan

I watched the girl in my psychology class all the time. Her name was Awyren (Pronounced Erin) Spencer and she was stunningly gorgeous. She had luscious fire orange hair and brilliant green eyes. Awyren was incredibly shy, rarely ever speaking to anyone unless spoken to. Her voice was soft as velvet and sweet. I noticed Mark Tomlin staring as well and wondered if he was going to make a move. I would never make a move, plus there was no way she was gay.

My name is Remelia DonIvan but everyone calls me Remy. I'm a lesbian. I don't really hang out with anyone although this is my second year at West Marshland University. My father's line of work makes it tough to bring people around. I own a small one story house closer to campus but it's lonely so I end up spending most of my time at my father's house. I am the heir to my father's throne so he doesn't mind. He actually likes being able to show me the business, and I love learning from the best.

My father is Andre DonIvan. Most people know him as the Punisher, the most ruthless and malicious mob boss around. He married my mother who is Italian. She was an only child and her father needed someone to hand down the business to. When my mom brought home this light skinned black man with green eyes, she said her father tried to kill him right there. But my father never blinked, never swallowed in nervousness. He just looked at my mom and told her that he loved her enough to die right there. After that, my grandpa loved him. He welcomed him into the family and made him a blood brother of The Family.

When he passes, he plans to name me his successor. The fact that I'm gay means nothing to him, as long as the woman I choose is fit to rule as my queen. That could never be the meek and shy Awyren Spencer. I need a woman that is bold and can make tough, unmoral calls when necessary. I need a woman that knows how to shoot a gun if I need her to cover my back. It's a modern day and age now. Nobody finds it weird that eventually they will take orders from me. They show me due respect just as they show my father. But they also know how I am. Their faith that I will EVER marry is shaky.

Mark made his way towards Awyren and I watched in amusement as he smiled and struck up a conversation. She nodded politely and a rogue curl fell in her face. She tucked it behind her ear and suddenly blushed vehemently. She shook her head and stood up. Mark grabbed her wrist and fear flashed in her eyes. He spoke low but I could see the anger and violent rage in his face. Suddenly, I was beside her.

"I think you might wanna let her go Mark." I spoke low. The class was pretty much empty save for a few straggling students trying to finish copying the notes down. The professor had left minutes earlier.

"Mind your business dyke. This has nothing to do with you." There was something frighteningly familiar in Mark's eyes. Something I had seen my entire life.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and squeezed the pressure point there. "I said let her the fuck go Mark, or this is going to go very badly for you bruh." I hissed the warning in his ear as his body stiffened in pain.

He dropped her wrist and I grabbed up her bookbag taking her hand and leading her from the class. Once we reached the parking lot I realized I was still holding her hand. I also realized she hasn't pulled away. I walked her to her car which was coincidentally parked a few away from mine. I dropped her hand handing her her bag. She took it with a small smile and a blush.

"I'm Remy, Remy DonIvan. Are you okay?"

"Yes." She nodded her head. "Thanks for being my white knight." She leaned up kissing my cheek before getting in her car and driving away.

I couldn't help cheesing as I lit up my blunt and drove toward my father's house. It was a large twelve bedroom Victorian style house. I pulled into the gated drive and parked in front of the front door. I didn't plan on being long. I had a lot of studying to do. I ran in and told my father that I would have to go to the range with him tomorrow because of my upcoming test. My mother kissed my cheek and handed me a huge container of leftovers. I kissed her cheek before heading home.