fifteen

Luke's POV

I wanted to kiss her, but I refrained from making any more moves, since we were in a public place, and now that Connie found me again, it would have just started a buzz. I gently nudged her in front of me as we reached class following her in and taking my seat. I knew Connie was back at school, and I knew she would have one of my classes, but I was relieved that this wasn't one of them.

As usual, the lecture was boring and I didn't need to pay any attention to it, mostly because I couldn't stay awake. My eyelids were growing heavy, and I was ready to lean forward and fall asleep on my desk when I felt a tiny finger on my shoulder. Amused, I turned around to see Anushka, looking at me as if she had something important to tell me.

"Hey, I forgot to ask you earlier, but I was wondering if you could come over for dinner on Friday, with me and my brother. I'm not trying to rush anything, its just that if my brother doesn't meet you, he'll make this extremely difficult." She whispered.

"Well, I'll have to ask Jessie, but yeah, that'd be cool. Do I wear something fancy or..?"

"No! No, he hates fake people, and kiss ups, dress normal, and act as normal as possible, while also being respectful."

"Alright, sounds good. What time should I be over?-"

Before I could finish my sentence, the teacher seemed to have heard us whispering, because she stopped her lecture and called us out, my head jerking around to face her and all the eyes that were now on me and Anushka.

"Ms. Rao, Mr. Ross, is there something you want to share with the class?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips. I decided to have fun with this one, so a smirk grew on my face and I sat up confidently.

"Actually, yes. I was wondering if you visited the pet store recently, you know, because of the ferret on your lip. That's all."

"Alright. Get out of my class. Now."

Getting the reaction I expected, I chuckled, getting snickers from the other kids in the classroom as I stood up and followed her out of class. As I left, I kept my eyes on Anushka the whole time, seeing that she watched me leave with her mouth hanging open and a red hue decorating her cheeks. I didn't know if that was good or bad, either way, it was cute as hell, so I accomplished something out of it.

Anushka's POV

I watched as my boyfriend was pulled out of the class with shock on my face. He seriously just sassed off a teacher, which seemed like fun for him. I had to admit, it was hot, how confident he was, but at the same time he could have avoided the whole thing. But if he did, he wouldn't exactly be Luke, now would he?

The teacher was absent for most of class, and with Luke missing from the seat in front of me, it made it easier for me to see Octavia, sitting a few seats in front of me. She turned around with her mouth hanging open as well, looking at me.

"Damn, girl." Octavia whispered, gently slamming her hand on the desk in excitement, "you like bad boys, huh?" she finished, teasing me, making me laugh and shake my head. Quickly, she turned around when the teacher reappeared through the door, walking in to continue the lecture. I wasn't sure where she took Luke, but as I thought about it more, what he said wasn't a very big deal, she could have just talked to him and let him return to class. She probably sent him to the office or called Jessie to pick him up. Who knows.

Class finished up, and I walked out with O, rather than Luke this time, hoping to see him out in the hallway, but I didn't. Maybe he really did go home.

"Dang, the old bag really didn't like what she said, huh." Octavia said, probably seeing the disappointment on my face as we left the class and I saw that he wasn't sitting there, "what were you guys talking about. You're too shy to say anything in class, so it was probably important."

"I was talking to him about coming over on Friday to meet my brother for dinner."

"Getting serious?"

"Not exactly, but I know my brother would make it really hard to date him if he doesn't meet him, and quick, so I figured, why not this Friday." I replied, walking with her to the next class.

"Wow, lucky you, huh? By the way, I tried to come talk to you in the morning, but you weren't at your locker, so I walked around to see little birdie, Anushka, pressed up against a locker, sucking face with her bae."

"Please. We haven't even kissed yet, we just had a moment, I guess. Alright, enough about me, what's up with you? You look cute today."

A laugh escaped Octavia's lips as I frantically tried to change the subject, and she wrapped her arm around me, squeezing me into a hug, "I'm all good. And thanks, these are my sister's clothes. Hey, you should come over sometime, it'll be fun."

"How does tomorrow sound?"

"Perfect. Okay, see ya after class, babes. Let me what happened with your gansta lover." Octavia teased again before walking off into her class, I laughed as I walked into my own.

The first person I saw, sitting right across from me, made my eyes widen with shock for the second time that day.