ten

Anushka's POV 

I dialed up Luke's number, after lending Octavia a bathing suit of mine. The phone rang for a few minutes before someone picked up,

"Hey, you."

   "Hey, haha. Um, so I was wondering if you'd like to come meet me and Octavia, and a few more friends at the pool in my building?"

"Sure, when?"

   "In like— ten minutes?"

"Totally. I'll see you there."

   "Bring your swim shorts."

With that, I hung up and stood up to get dressed. Octavia insisted on helping me pick out the bathing suit I would wear, since she was convinced that Luke would love how I looked. I have never received attention from boys, at least, not in the good way. They've teased me, and accidentally stepped on me because of how short and quiet I am, but none of them have really noticed me. That was fine, for a while, but now that one has, I have no idea what to do. Going into the bathroom, I changed into a red bikini that Octavia picked out for me, but when I came out, her face scrunched up into a disgusted stare.

"That makes your boobs look non-existent. Try this one." She said, holding up another one. I chuckled at the comment and took the second bathing suit, going into the bathroom again to change. This one had a beige top and a black bottom. It wasn't the same color, but it seemed to tie together quite well. Sure, I'm skinny, but I never paid much attention to my body shape. It wasn't a priority, mostly because I didn't like it. I had wide hips, big thighs, and skinny ankles. My waist was small, and my shoulders were petite, but I couldn't help but feel insecure about my waist down. However, this bikini made it all seem to fade. It fit perfectly against my hips and shoulders, and flattered the parts I didn't like. I tied my brown hair into a careless bun before walking out and modeling for my friend. It seemed that Octavia shared my thoughts on the suit, since she gasped and clapped with joy.

"You look perfect! He's gonna want you, seeing you in that." The girl beamed. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

   "Ew, Octavia!"

"What? You look hot."

   "Well, I hope he has better intentions than that."

Octavia reached her arms out and hugged me before I let her go in and get dressed into a bikini she picked out for herself. She was taller than me, but we had similar body types, so I was confident that she would fit into my suit. Once she was out, I whistled and she posed, which made me laugh as we gathered our shoes and headed out. I had to put on regular clothes over my bikini, so that my brother wouldn't suspect anything, if he was outside. We snuck down the stairs and Octavia pressed a button on the elevator, while I peeked into the screening room for a brief second.

"O and I are going to hang out at the gym, kay see you, bye!" I said as quick as I could, running into the elevator with Octavia, giggling as we went downstairs. Once down, the two of us walked together, into the indoor pool, the smell of chlorine welcoming us to the empty room. It was surprising that it was empty, but I didn't mind it at all. We set our phones down on a table close to the pool and stripped the clothes we used to cover our bathing suits.

"Maybe we should wait for him to come before we get in?"

   "Mm, maybe. I invited some of my friends too. They said they would bring some snacks and drinks, so yeah, let's wait."

I sat in one of the chairs next to our table and pulled my knees up to my chest, pulling my hair out of the bun it was in and letting the dark locks fall against my shoulders. We sat there for quite a while, occasionally sharing photos or complaining that these people haven't arrived yet, but mostly looking at our phones.

Finally. The other doors that allow entrance from the outside of the building opened, and in walked all of Octavia's rowdy friends, Luke being amongst the crowd, which brought a smile to my face.

Luke's POV

It took us some time to get there, because Octavia must have told her friends to pick me up from my lobby. I felt bad for making the girls wait for so long, but at least we'd have all the material we needed for a fun night at the pool.

When we got there, I searched the room for Anushka, finally finding her electric smile, which was obviously contagious because it made me smile as well.

"Well it's about time you guys got here!" I heard Octavia shout, standing up from where she was, Anushka following her. It was now that I got the chance to see what she was wearing.

Damn.

That's all I'm going to say for now.

"Yeah, we had to get the booze!" One boy shouted, rushing to set the drinks on the table.

   "Wait- wait. Booze? As in alcohol?" Anushka worried, her eyebrows furrowing in worry. I walked over to her and casually wrapped an arm around her shoulders, which made her look up at me.

"Yeah, haven't you ever been to a party?" The boy asked with a raised eyebrow. I could feel her tense up underneath my arm, which gave the answer he was expecting. Only, he couldn't read body language. I cleared my throat and made an attempt to change the subject, which I'm sure Anushka would have been pretty grateful for.

   "Lets get in the pool!" I suggested, and the genius that made Anushka uncomfortable immediately forgot about the whole situation, much to my relief. The rest of the kids went about their business, some of them jumping into the pool, and I looked down at Anushka and squeezed her shoulder, getting her attention instantly.

"Does your brother know we're here?"

   "Does it look like he would?"

"Well- probably not." I chuckled and released her from underneath my arm. She then shrugged and took my hand, leading me to the pool,

"Coming in?" Anushka asked with a raised eyebrow before she jumped in, splashing me in the process. A laugh escaped my lips and I jumped in after her.

The next hour or so consisted of splashing, me throwing her in the pool and hearing her laugh, which only made it better for me. Drinks were even passed around after a while, but Anushka didn't take her own bottle, she drank from mine, which I had no problem with. It was cute, how she was so afraid of getting drunk on one bottle.

Eventually, it got late, and we all said our goodbyes, knowing our folks would be worried about our disappearance. I didn't get to kiss her, since she rushed off so quickly, but there's always a next time.

I had fun tonight.